Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 integra ls. I bought a b18b1 from the junkyard that had a blown head gasket and busted water pump. My friend replaced the head gasket and water pump and adjusted the valves, put it in time etc. Anyways the problem is that at idle at a stop light for example, some sort of smoke comes from the engine bay into the cabin. It isn't burning oil and isn't running hot, temp gauge is 1/4 as normal. I opened the hood to see where the smoke is coming from and it seems to come from under the throttle body somewhere. We also replaced the valve cover gasket. No oil is leaking from those spots and the smoke is gray I think I recall. I have not overheated it and make sure all fluids are topped off every day before I leave home so I am baffled by this.

·
Administrator
3,583 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so I may or may not have found the problem, although it is definitely a problem of its own. A massive Power Steering leak.

·
Administrator
3,583 Posts
But, unless your power steering fluid is leaking on to something hot, it's not going to be the source of your "smoke".

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a bad main power steering hose that had a hole in it and would leak onto my catalytic convert and the header collector. It would smoke up all the time and smell nasty, but when I would drive it would be a breeze. So if you haven't already check your power steering hose.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
MyRedTeggy
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing