Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can smell the oil or the burning of oil coming from my engine when i drive my car. I honestly have no idea what its coming from. Id really appreciate the advice, thanks

·
Registered
648 Posts
Mine smells like oil when I get the revs up to about 7,000 because I burn so much oil ;-)

·
Registered
431 Posts
im having the same problem and i took it to a local mechanic and the guy showed me the underbody of my car and the oil pan was soaked and a few things around it and his explanation for this was that the oil they used on my oil change was very thin for temp reason and said that when it warms up just switch to a thicker oil

but im not really sure what to think cause everytime i drive it there is that smoke smell

·
Registered
454 Posts
most integras burn oil..just a fact of life. i've had 3 gsrs...but only one burns oil. since i know that she burns i just keep a quart of oil handy and check the fliud level at least once a week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you had the valve cover off recently? I just preformed a 2.0l swap and didnt put any silicone in the corners and the edges where the cam gears of the valve cover gasket is and i had a little oil leaking down on the manifold. nothing huge but enought to smell it, especially when the heater is on. As soon as I put some silicone on those edges i havent had a problem since.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Now for all you guys who smell the oil, theres a few things you need to ask yourself...
1) How long ago did this appear?
2) What have you done to your car since then, like oil changes, engine mods, etc.
3) Are you lossing any oil, and if so, how much and how fast?
4) Are you doing anything specific happening in your car when you are smelling this? Like the heater is on, your car is just warming up, your smoking a cigar, roach, etc...
Good luck all of you...burning oil sucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.