Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i put a small crack in my valve cover, right on the front. i was trying to get the cover off by tapping it with a hammer. i had layers of cloth between the cover and the hammer when tapping it, but somehow the cloth sliped and the hammer hit the cover. now without saying how stupid i am, i realize i should have done it differently, but now im stuck here on what to do.

is there anything that will at least temporarily fix this? such as jb weld ? its small but a little bit of oil still leaks out and smokes when it hits the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its on the front side about in the middle. now its a small amount of oil but its still leaking.

its maybe 1/4 long crack. what if i took the cover off again and completely filled the crack with jb weld and made sure that there was jb weld on the inside and outside of the cover? of course id smooth it down. and would jb weld be ready to drive after about 4-5 hours? without it coming undone?

·
Registered
445 Posts
You can fix it the ways these guy are telling you to, but it is only temporary really. You should check ebay or on here for people selling one a buy it to replace yours.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
yea, i'd get a new one dude, i'm sorry to hear that

·
Registered
346 Posts
does anyone know where to get a b18b valve cover that DOESNT say VTEC on it...I don't need to stinkin vtec, I don't want to go pretending to have it ;P

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I've been wanting a new one also, as I need one for my 98 GS. I cannot find a 96+ style ANYWHERE! and do you know how much they are at the dealer ?? $288!!!!

That is a friggin' rip.

No one answered my question though. If it is aluminum it can be TIG welded together. And that would not be temporary. You might have to do some sanding and painting of it after wards to make it look a little nicer. It was just a thought though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
screaminteg: you can use any b18b valve cover. Ebay, and lots of other places have 'em. When searching don't include the date, try "b18b valve cover". Hope that helps, they are about 100 on ebay.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
evilempire on Mar/10/04 said:
screaminteg: you can use any b18b valve cover. Ebay, and lots of other places have 'em. When searching don't include the date, try "b18b valve cover". Hope that helps, they are about 100 on ebay.
I know this...HOWEVER....the PCV system is different pre 1996. one of the OBDII changes was the PCV located on the top of the valve cover. Which is why I need a 96+ valve cover. I have a 95 ls cover on there now. My PCV is just "chillin" so to speak right now. And I would like it to be where it belongs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts