Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed my spark plug wires and spark plugs on my 95 boosted gsr. I gapped plugs at 23 but it feels like it's being held back when I step on it. I'm only on 6 lbs.

·
Administrator
4,033 Posts
1. What brand of wires did you change to?
2. What was your spark plug gap on your old plugs?
3. Did you inadvertently move or change your ignition timing?
4. Was it sluggish before you changed plugs & wires?
5. What size turbo do you currently have?

When posting, please try and be as specific as possible. The more details about the issue & your setup, the better. Help us, help you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. What brand of wires did you change to?
2. What was your spark plug gap on your old plugs?
3. Did you inadvertently move or change your ignition timing?
4. Was it sluggish before you changed plugs & wires?
5. What size turbo do you currently have?

When posting, please try and be as specific as possible. The more details about the issue & your setup, the better. Help us, help you.
I'm using VMS 10.2mm wires with Ngk Bkr7e plugs. My tuner had gapped em to 19, it was running fine for a bit but I did a couple pulls and then it was hesitating. So I changed the plugs and wires. I have plugs gapped right now to 23. Its now hesitating as bad now but it still feels like something is holding it back. I have not check ignition timing. What is the timing suppose to be at?

·
Administrator
4,033 Posts
Base ignition timing should've set by the tuner and not changed after the fact. Why adjust gap if that's what your tuner adjusted them to?

For the plug wires, replace with OEM. There's nothing that beats the quality and reliability other than OEM, even for boosted vehicles. There's questions I have above that you still haven't answered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Base ignition timing should've set by the tuner and not changed after the fact. Why adjust gap if that's what your tuner adjusted them to?

For the plug wires, replace with OEM. There's nothing that beats the quality and reliability other than OEM, even for boosted vehicles. There's questions I have above that you still haven't answered.
So tuner gapped em to 19 when I was on the dyno cause was gonna push more boost(I'm on 6lbs right now)but clutch when out after first pull. I got clutch changed. Did 3 pulls and was running fine. After the last pull car took a ****. Felt like it was an ignition problem so I changed plugs and wires. I left pulls at 19 first but car felt gutless. Regapped em to 23, and got a lil power back but it is still bogging.
I dont know the size of turbo. Im new to turbo set ups

·
Administrator
4,033 Posts
So tuner gapped em to 19 when I was on the dyno cause was gonna push more boost(I'm on 6lbs right now)but clutch when out after first pull. I got clutch changed. Did 3 pulls and was running fine. After the last pull car took a ****. Felt like it was an ignition problem so I changed plugs and wires. I left pulls at 19 first but car felt gutless. Regapped em to 23, and got a lil power back but it is still bogging.
I dont know the size of turbo. Im new to turbo set ups
There really might not be anything wrong then, if you never got to "feel" the power based upon the dyno results. If you're saying it took a $hit after the last pull, how would you know the difference on the feel of it?

You're at 6lbs with an unknown sized turbo. Your expectations of how it feels might be bigger than what it's putting out in terms of power. In other words, you might be expecting a ton more power in how it feels, where in reality, it's performing exactly how it should be based upon the setup.

The only way to know for sure is to put it back on the same dyno, with weather conditions similar to the day on when it originally got dyno'd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts