Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 integra 4 door. I bought it a few months ago and the car feels kinda sluggish or slow. I thought it might be all in my head maybe cause I was used to driving my dad's accord v6 but now I think its more than that. I havent really done any real maintanance to it since I got it. I know this is all kinda vague but, what migh it be?...spark plugs and wires?, fuel injectors?, timming belt?...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
How many miles do you have on it?

I assume around 60 - 90k, which means you should have had your spark plugs, wires, rotor, cap, fuel filter replaced, and your valves adjusted. Not to mention your timming belt and water pump around that area as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
JabJab, i've been having the same problem lately. at first i thought it was just in my head, but my car just isn't as peppy (for lack of a better word) as it was. btw, i have under 50k miles on my '95 LS. i bought some fuel injector cleaner and that helped a little, but not enough. i really think that its my spark plugs, so i ordered some denso iridium ones which are on they're way. i'm hoping that will do the trick.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips guys, I bought some new plugs yesterday and I'll put 'em on tonight. The gap should be 1.1mm right? Yeah I have some minor mods intake and exhasut. I don't really use my a/c its really week so I dont even bother. The car has 140k kilometers on it I guess thats about 87.5k miles if my math is good. The timing belt and water pump will be the next two things I should change. I bough this car and I have no idea what maintanance has been done to it. Oh and about the ignition timming, where can I find some info on how to adjust it?
Thanks again guys

·
Registered
177 Posts
i regapped my spark plugs the other day (95se) and took the slack out of my throttle cable and it made all the difference in the world. try that. by the way ny car has 140,000 miles on it and it screams. it's stock and in mint condition.

·
Registered
177 Posts
jab jab i just took a 12 mm wrench and loosened the two bolts that hold the throttle cable and adjusted them to where the slack was taken out of the throttle cable, but don't overtighten or you will affect your idle, just take the slack out and then retighten. don't forget to gap your plugs correctly though, that made the biggest difference for me.also, you might want to take your intake off and check the inside of your intake manifold, it is probably caked up with a bunch of gunk. clean it out if you can or wait until you have about an 1/8 of a tank of gas and pour in some techron fuel sytem cleaner and drive it hard for a couple of miles before topping off the gas. good luck

·
Registered
389 Posts
ive heard advancing timing throws check engine lights alot (especially on obdIIs?) ?!

what would OBDII have to do with ignition timing and check engine lights (combined) anyway?

comments on the safety of advancing timing on B18C1?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts