Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup folks i got a little situation here lolz and any repsonse will be appreciated. first off i juss did my own tune up and it has affected my performance in the opposite way i what i was trying to achieve. first off i changed all my belts including my timing belt. then it was the ignition wires, dist cap n rotor and ngk plugs, then all the fluids where changed and cleaned out the sir filter with k&n kit. after all that was done i did the ignition timing to factory specs. before i use to feel it when i pust it but now all i hear is my exuast and slower acceleration. what happened? thats all i wanna know lolz.........holla

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Its your timing...it must have been increased before you did the tune up...and you decreased it causing a noticable difference. Try moving it back to where it was...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I would go over everything you changed

Are the plugs properly gapped?
Is the timming 16->18?
Are the valve clearances in spec?
Are the wires in the proper firing order?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
changed all my belts including my timing belts...i did the ignition timing to factory specs.

these are pretty vague descriptions if you want some help. a little more detail would help FOCUS on the RELEVANT things to fix....

1. did you wing it or did you use a Helm's or any manual? what is "to factory specs"? give me a number please.

2. what did you do to ensure the belt was installed properly?

Quote:
i use to feel it when i pust it but now all i hear is my exuast and slower acceleration. what happened? thats all i wanna know lolz.........holla
never, never, never go by the butt dyno as a measure of performance. it lies like a pig and fools newbies all the time. why? because something that feels like it pulls hard only means a low rpm gain. You can have a low rpm gain and huge loss in the upper rpms. THIS IS THE CoNCEPT OF A POWERBAND THAT I AM TRYING TO GET BEGINNERS TO LEARN.

SO please if you stay on this board, learn at least 2 concepts: no butt dyno used here and 2. learn about powerband location.

Can we please speak proper English, if you don't mind?

I'm not much into Ebonics....

ya know what I mean?
thanks

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
lolz, i think MD is right.......your probably feeling hp loss b/c you think it's losing hp but it's not. Another thing i would think is that you also changed your timing to regular spec and that could have cause a little loss in the reaction time.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
well, how does he know he put the cams at TDC on the timing belt install and doesn't have an untimed engine? I mean his description was so vague, it was laughable....

If he set the timing at 14 degrees BTDC on a stock engine with a filter on a stick, well, no kidding it's sluggish...

I mean c'mon, if you want help at least state precisely what you did rather than the way he did it...secondly, anyone who relies on the butt dyno and loudness around here should know better....they're gonna get lamb-basted for it,...pass the Uncle Bens... hell, even SurferX doesn't dare post a butt dyno review after he regapped his plugs....he almost posted a "it feels better" thread on it and thought otherwise and then bit his tongue....LOLZ (what's with the Z at the end? is that supposed to be (ghetto) cool or what?,...please,...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts