Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i have a 99 GSR with 90k miles and a AEM short ram. I just had my acc. drive belts and timing belt changed at 89k.

Last night i was driving through this tunnel (obviously fast) when my clutch stuck down (which it has been doing for a couple days now) in between 3rd and 4th gear. I mis-shifted minorly into 2nd because i pushed the clutch back down when i noticed the engine went to about 8,500-8,550 RPMs. My check engine light went on last night but went off when i restart after a shut down. This morning i came outside to warm my car up for work and i heard a slight tapping, which i believe to be a slight valve tap. It isn't major, it's fairly quiet and goes away (only)at idle when the engine gets to temp. Ok, my question is, how bad could it be? Will this problem worsen or can i do an adjustment of some sort? Thanks for any help, sorry, i'm a little less knowledgable when it comes to head work.

- Andy

·
Registered
878 Posts
i have had this problem with my g2 and when i changed the shifter and took off the linkage it seemed it was sticking down there not leeting the clutch go back up, neways that fixed that problem.. gl with th erest..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Furious94LS on Feb/23/04 said:
Have you tried a search on "valve adjustment" "engine ticking" "tapping" ?
alright, i read up on some stuff and have a couple things....
my car seems to be guzzling gas...any thoughts? could i have thrown my valve lash out of spec with excess RPMs? is slight valve float a possibility?

- Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.