Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok whos got sleepers out there? I know tegs look sick when they are clean and nice but i just dont have the money for that right now

sleepers

aka ****ty body and possibly interior but a decently quick car. I am asking because my car is in need of a paint job but id rather have the go before the show so its going into the shop next week to get a built ls/vtec installed so i figure the body can wait, ill have pictures up soon. But just seeing what else you guy have out there sleeper wise, piccccsss

·
Registered
657 Posts
I look at sleepers... stock looking vehicles with engine modifaction (nitrous, turbo, n/a bult)

but its even funnier watching a mutli colored car with like red doors and primered hood run 13s

·
Registered
603 Posts
lol. i have a boosted 4 door grey ls with no interior and dents out the wazoooooo.....

ran 11's.

black intercooler...black piping.

o....and i used to have a autozone spoiler.

lol

-ryan

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
tmiteg on Oct/11/07 said:
I look at sleepers... stock looking vehicles with engine modifaction (nitrous, turbo, n/a bult)

but its even funnier watching a mutli colored car with like red doors and primered hood run 13s

Reminds me of the time i watched an old, boxy, rusty civic with multicolored panels with a fully built and boosted B18B race a full race prepped 5.0 foxbody mustang (stripped, caged, god knows what else). The mustang won by less than a fender.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got my car 95 se with a great interior seats are from a 98 so in good shape, the bumpers are from a 98 the kid spray painted the bumpers green(actually pretty darn near cloase the color of the car) the quarter panels are also spray painted that green color and very rough so yea when im done it iwll be a sleeper for a while until i can get her painted.

·
Registered
654 Posts

I'm running mid to high 13's, now. The video was a 14.1 @ 99MPH, the Srt-4 is a buddy of mine he ran a low 13 this time. I have a stock GSR with intake, header, exhaust and blox intake manifold.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Not to jack the thread but dbkid those are some very impressive times...what exactly (brand wise and such)other than the blox are you running? What were your 60' times if you can remember? All i can say is...nice drivin

·
Registered
654 Posts
HHHmmmm, video won't work. Try looking up zed6rr on the photobucket page. BTW, those are drag radials in the pics. But, the car is slowing down since, my clutch is dying. I went 13.79 on street tires. No good runs on drag rad's, yet.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
Low 13's with nuttin but boltons? That's damn good.

Oh, I'll try to find that pic of under tony the tigers hood, lol.

It's boosted, got vtec, and it looks like a plain jane LS, even when you stare at it right under the hood. His charge pipes even go through the stock intake box lol.

YAY! I found it in this thread about FI sleeper ideas. Now that's a sleeper.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I ran a 13.79. That's not a low 13 to me. My buddy ran a low 13 in the SRT-4!
If you look into my STARTED POST's section on my profile, I did a full right up on the accomplishments with this car. Keep in mind that I switched back to the stock ecu on my fastest runs.

But, I'll repost the mods, anyway.

Blox intake manifold
Buddy club spec II exhaust
Aem short ram intake
hondata im gasket
hp racing header
test pipe
stock cams
Crower cam sprockets at 0 degrees (the stock one's got bent, dont ask) LOL!

ek9 civic type-r crank pulley (i dont remember if it was on the car at the time of the run)
Z10 traction bars
Omni power front upper and rear lower ca's
no back seats
falken azenis rt-615's
falken hanabi wheels
Gator Racing STG 2 axles
bm shifter

·
Registered
654 Posts
94GSRteggy on Oct/11/07 said:
Not to jack the thread but dbkid those are some very impressive times...what exactly (brand wise and such)other than the blox are you running? What were your 60' times if you can remember? All i can say is...nice drivin
I've been able to hit 2.0's on street tires. That's with slipping the clutch.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
dbkid thats a sick drop man... and clean ass car by the way

·
Registered
734 Posts
dbkid on Oct/11/07 said:
I ran a 13.79. That's not a low 13 to me. My buddy ran a low 13 in the SRT-4!
If you look into my STARTED POST's section on my profile, I did a full right up on the accomplishments with this car. Keep in mind that I switched back to the stock ecu on my fastest runs.

But, I'll repost the mods, anyway.

Blox intake manifold
Buddy club spec II exhaust
Aem short ram intake
hondata im gasket
hp racing header
test pipe
stock cams
Crower cam sprockets at 0 degrees (the stock one's got bent, dont ask) LOL!

ek9 civic type-r crank pulley (i dont remember if it was on the car at the time of the run)
Z10 traction bars
Omni power front upper and rear lower ca's
no back seats
falken azenis rt-615's
falken hanabi wheels
Gator Racing STG 2 axles
bm shifter

In the 13s w/ no modified internals, that's pretty awesome! I run a 14.4 on a usdm gsr w/ less mods. I'd like to see a dyno of your car whenever, or if you get around to it.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I think a real sleeper is a car with stock paint, stock rims, and not dropped too much, with a quiet exhaust. As for me I had a DB7 with a 2000 body, completely primered out black, with bronze 17s on it and it was the least sleeperish thing Ive ever ridden in. Everyone wants to race you bcuz they all think u must have something going on under the hood. My current DD is a true sleeper, it gets stares but not too many ppl rev on it or anything cuz its a bone stock lookin 99 DB7 wiht just a "custom" Mugen styled intake setup and shaved emblems all a round

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.