Team Integra Forums banner

Skunk2 stage 1 cams

30K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  UptownG3 
#1 ·
Anyone out ther running Skunk2 stage 1's in their GSR? If yes...
Any problems?
Running lean in VTEC?
What other mods do you have?
Have you tuned them yet? What kind of gains?

Please respond if you have these cams.

Thanks.

#7 ·
those are really good numbers.. it makes me concerned about my setup.:

b20 block
b16 head
approx 11.3:1 compression (JE12.5:1 + thicker HG to lower)
skunk2 stg1
rc 310's
hondata st 2
vafc
cam gears,
iceman intake
greddy 4-2-1 w/ IB custom 2.5" collector
carsound 2.5" cat
apexi WS 2.5" exhaust.
fully tuned by jeff at IB

and i only mustered 187hp 138 tq peak.
and the midrange is lower than both those 2

i have a dyno but no way to post. if i can email it
to someone to post let me know.
eric

#9 ·
hehe, already on top of the shopping list. i know that my output is hindered by it but how much hp tq would it actually free up? my numbers are significantly lower than both examples and i am running hi comp/ 2.0 whereas
they are stock bottom ends. i would think that my low to midrange would annihilate(sp) the 1.8's (especially torque) and the top end would be pretty close.

i also kno that a 2.0 is a big breather and in and out is pretty important..

#10 ·
The exhaust system I think is messing with your numbers. The Greddy header is of course inadequate as you know and the Apexi WS a 60mm (2.36") exhaust so it's not matching up very well. What model number is your Carsound cat?

Send me your chart and I'll host it so we can take a look at it.

#12 ·
was that B18C1 runnin an OBD1 computer? I have a 98 gsr, skunk 2 stage 1, aem cam gears, aem cai, dc jdm 4-1 header, high flow carsound cat, and tanabe racing medallion, a stillen fuel pressure reg, all fully tuned by import builders and i only managed to get 158 whp peak. i have a dyno somewhere around here, i gotta look for it. i'll post once i find it

#14 ·
someone told me its because of my OBD2 ecu, but i dont really know. ive seen a dyno of a stock 1998 gsr at www.bseries.net and it only managed 133 whp, while the previous years managed to pull 146 whp peak. will going OBD1 really make a big difference? have any suggestions on what i should do to be getting the power i should be making?

#19 ·
azn6q on Aug/28/02 said:
someone told me its because of my OBD2 ecu, but i dont really know. ive seen a dyno of a stock 1998 gsr at www.bseries.net and it only managed 133 whp, while the previous years managed to pull 146 whp peak. will going OBD1 really make a big difference? have any suggestions on what i should do to be getting the power i should be making?
What sys are you using to modify your fuel/rpm points? (vafc, hondata, ...) You have the setup I was going for so I'm interested in the details of what you're doing.

#20 ·
azn6q: if you are throwing codes then your A/F ratio might not be optimal, depending on the codes, which will effect tuning and power.

Edubb: I dont see that you were running a diff. IM?? The dyno of the B18C1 was running a Skunk2 IM. Changing the header, getting a new TB and a new IM would probably free up some good hp for you, or is this not correct?

#23 ·
I installed the Skunk st 1 cams with the skunk cam gears, along with those I already had the following:

DC Sports Stainless 4-1 header
Skunk2 IM
Type R Valve Springs and Retainers
AEM CAI

I am getting ready to put a test pipe and a 2.5" RS-R catback on, Im sure the stock exhaust is killing me right now but, with this setup would wrong air/fuel ratios be throwing codes like cylinder misfires or ingnition control codes? and will the stock VTEC engagement of 4500 RPM work very well for the setup?

Right now the car hits 4500 RPM and nose dives and after it gets back up to around 5800 RPM or so it takes off. What do I need?

#26 ·
Wow, back from the dead. It all depends on what you tune, how you tune it and whos doing it. Also, do you want it tuned to be a daily driver. Its really hard just to give you a number, your just going to have to do it and dyno it to get the hp numbers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.