Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am in the process of purchasing a Skunk2 manifold and I was surfing through ebay and came across a manifold on there for sale and it was a Skunk2 but the seller said that you need either a LS throttle body or Type R throttle body is this true? He was telling me that the GSR throttle body wont work because it wont line up and the throttle cables will rub on the manifold. Please help me out with this guys. Thanks

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You would just need the LS throttle cable & bracket. You can use your GSR TB.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Its the length of the cable and the cable mounting bracket to the TB that's the issue.

The bracket definately needs to be changed. If you can adjust the cable length to work with the LS cable bracket, then go for it.

The GSR throttle cable comes from a different position than the LS/ITR's due to the GSR's IM position.

You'll also need an LS air intake to fit as well.

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
DOHC_VTEC2 on Feb/08/06 said:
so basically my throttle cable wont work then. Are all the aftermarket manifolds the same way?
NO....some aftermarket manifolds have adapters to enable you to use stock cable & TB. The reason you need the diff cable is that the TBs on ITR and GSR are in a different configuration....and the Skunk2 is really just a re-tooled ITR manifold that bolts up to the GSR head

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just put one on a while ago and I got a Type R throttle cable, and mounting bracket, along with a throttle body like sprocket (check the spelling on that) since the cable will pull from the other side of the TB.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys I am glad that I found that out and know what to do now rather get everything all off and cant figure out why my cable wont work.

Is the Blox manifold the same way then? I'm trying to decide wich one to get they both seem like there the same.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
you can use the stock gsr cable and braket, but like someone said, it will rub the hood....

skunk2 says to use a type-r cable and bracket, and you must also get a throttle body pulley off of an ls, type-r, etc, that pulls the other way

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
you need a non vtec, or itr, or d series throttle pulley, and itr bracket and cable for perfect fit, but ls works with some finessing.

oem itr cable abnd bracket is onlyu like 25 bux from dealer at MAX, i bought them with wholesale discount at 18 or 19

·
Registered
400 Posts
yeah, then check out the throttle pulley. I know you can buy like an adapter for cheap....not sure what the name brand is, but if you search you should be able to find it.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
shoulda let me know you wanted ls, i have my old ls cable and bracket. Youre gonna need to do some drilling/grinding on the ls bracket, which is why i suggested the ITR, it is 100% perfect fit.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i just installed a blox intake manifold. bracket need a little modifying to fit correctly. I tried bending the bracket and just screwed it up so i went out and got the itr bracket and throttle cable. fits almost perfect. the holes for the bolts down line up exactly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.