Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the intake manif. from skunk2 for my 95 GSR and i red the instruction thingy and it said i needed to purchase some ITR PCV hoses and when i took iut to the shop to ask about it they said i needed some kind of high performance bracket or maybe i totally misunderstood him, can anyone shine some light on the subject?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
So... would the best way to do that be filling it with water? I don't mean to sound stupid, just curious!

Also, would an intake manifold be the next logical upgrade on a NoN-VTEC teg after I/H/C/E? Or would some other upgrades be needed to facilitate its use?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
yes the best way to measure the volume is filling it with water. here is the thread IB18C is talking about. it really is a good idea so it would be great if you could do this. this is IB18C's way of bettering TI as a whole.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
You could measure the volume in a million different ways. Search the last 15 replies/threads I made. I have suggested a slew of differet ways. However, when doing this, be sure to use significant digits and even-odd rounding. Take several measurements and average them all out. if you need help with formulas, sig digs, rounding, etc. drop me a PM and I will be more than happy to help you out. If you can get this information out then you will be the first ever to do so!!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it will be a while on that ok? i have been outa town and just got home, i will measure and have it posted by friday oct. 4

·
Registered
523 Posts
Make sure you get a TB gasket, IM gasket, hoses, throttle cable and throttle bracket. It will save you a lot of time haha. When i did mine i just went ahead and took the old dual stage off, put the sensors on it and pretty much played a game of "what parts do i need" when i tried to put it back on. You wont be able to put your stock GSR stabilizer bar back on due to the TPS sensor on top of the TB so if you want a stabilizer, look into the aftermarket stuff

·
Registered
607 Posts
What stabilizer bars will fit over the Skunk2 Intake Manifold? I am planning this mod for my GSR.

Phil

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Louse76 on Oct/02/02 said:
But then we couldn't make an article about it... jk
getting the parts you need for a Skunk2 IM install should be in the common topics at the very least. It gets asked often enough to warrant that.

the common topics are the short versions of commonly asked questions (stickies on other websites). They are the nuts and bolts "what" and "how".

Articles are theoretical. They help you to understand "why".

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am going to buy the skunk2 intake manifold for my '99 ls. Will it come with everything i need to put it in my car? Also what size (mm) will i need to get to make it match a b18b1? and is it something i can do myself or should i have a shop do it?

one more thing, I'm not going turbo and i'm only going to do some exhaust work and intake, maybe cams but nothing big.

could you use the ITR throttle bracket, and ITR cable on a '99 ls???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts