Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on getting skunk 2 stage 2 cams, springs, retainers, and valves, but i want to know what is the highest compresion pistons i can safely run on 93 octane. and what kind of fuel upgrades do i have to do

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Please stop posting everything two or three times....once is enough to get the information you seek...

i.e. Your first post on this subject

I've read a lot of threads started by you and you seem to be jumping all over the place...ALL over the place. You need to sit down and read some articles and decide what you want your engine package to be because from reading those threads, you have NO idea what you want.

All you know is that you want a "really fast teg." You need to decide some things. We all want "reall fast tegs" but there is much much more to it than that.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
its not about the HIGHEST Cr you can run on 93 octane..its about the CR that best suites your CAM. and for skunk2 stage 2 cams..11.4:1 CR works well..you can acheive that with JDM ITR pistons and stock 3 layer head gasket. BTW..you can run 11.4:1 CR safely with 93 octane. and please dont double post

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
yeah the news out on the cast chilled Skunk2's is that you have to line up the Skunk2 cam gear dimples to ensure they are TDC: Another big cam that has TDC alignment issues on install...just like the Spec B's and C's....Jun 3's crack and break over 9k rpm...so much for Japanese products being infallable. Yes I know Skunk2 is a US product...but the other 2 aren't.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Can someone explain to me what exactly cams do? and which would work best for a 99 GS with an AEM CAI (everything else stock)? thanks. ive looked ofr articles but im lost. i need the simple mans definition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts