Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a used skunk2 im with a skunk2 68mm tb for my 98 gsr. Just wanted to know your opinions on using a 68mm tb with the 64mm skunk2 im tb port. Anyone with this set up? I'd prefer to just bore out my stock tb to 64mm but $$$ tight right now and considering just sticking with the skunk2 tb. Basically, I'm asking if theres any negative effects going from 68mm tb ---> 64mm im.

·
Banned
995 Posts
Just get the TB port matched to the manifold, and get the manifold portmatched to your head and all will be good.

As for now your alright with that setup but it could be used more efficiently with port matching!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
68mm intake manifold tb port is overkill with my set up. That would push power band to 7000k up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
skunk2 stg 1 cams are basically type r cams (in my opinion) not much different than my bc stg. 3 cams. my powerband is between 6k to 8.5k.

·
Registered
165 Posts
an ITR 62mm TB is good to 210 whp.... The 68mm TB is way too big.. If you already have it, try to sell it or trade it for a 65mm or 62mm TB..

The Skunk2 Stage 1s are almost like a CTR cam, but with more duration and slightly more lift.... on my old setup I made 10whp over 2000 ITR cams which are supposedly similar to CTR cams..

I recommend Skunk2 Stage 1 cams for motors with stock compression upto 11.5...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any way you can explain to me the negative effects of using a 68mm tb? does the bottleneck theory apply with tb/im situation, causing flow revertion?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
look in the articles, flow quality, velocity etc.. think.. your engine doesnt need that 68mm for one, no need.. Just think when you blow threw a paper towel tube vs. a straw..think of it that way... id explain more but im in a rush

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay, thats a no brainer. thanks for the smack upside the head back to reality. Sometimes i cant think clearly when my wallet is empty. anyone with a 2.0 setup looking for a used 68mm tb, cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.