Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys. Looking for the right intake for my 94 GSR. Seen plenty of post about just buying an eBay intake but with a K&N filter. What’s the best thing for power even though it ain’t much. Just bought it and want to keep it simple for now but clean

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
If I have to buy another intake. I would get the Comptech Icebox any day.

·
Registered
704 Posts
From what I read Heeltoe Automotive bought the molds from CT engineering, I messaged them about buying some random parts for the icebox (missing the lower bracket on mine) and they told me they were starting ready to re-release the stuff again, but to be patient and check in later. If I recall from my email to them, they may have started with another model's icebox first.

I take what ever you see for sale now is probably left-over new.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I've never heard of Comptech before. they have actual cold air intake kits that's amazing.

Comptech been around since 2001 maybe earlier. I got my AEM before Comptech Icebox start coming to the market. Team-Integra members were doing review and true dyno numbers on there Icebox. This is how the Icebox became very popular because they saw the most HP gain compare to other intakes.

Comptech is one of the OG's in the business. I thought i had read they closed up shop but I guess i'm wrong.
Heel Toe Auto bought out CT Engineering

CT Engineering bought out Comptech USA

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just came from running a 3” CAI setup on my high-comp B17A, that I somewhat custom made once upon a time (short-ram [can’t remember the brand], with a water bypass, with an added 3” elbow to an AEM dry filter in the fender well), to an Ebay CAI w/ bypass valve for under $50. Even though the the EBay special is only 2.75” I can honestly say it works just as well as my previously installed 3” CAI. I did quite a bit of research before I switched (once I realized the EBay deal wasn’t 3”) and found some various threads on here and other forums where they were tested and the differences really seemed negligible, especially in overall gains. The biggest factor that varied from one to the other was where hp/tq increased, as short rams benefitted the bottom end a little more and CAIs seemed to boost mid-range a little more. It was reiterated quite a bit that piping size had an effect to some degree (also based on engine build), short rams benefited from being a little larger, where as CAIs did better at slightly smaller diameter. A lot of this was attributed to harmonics and velocity, as longer intakes can create more velocity due to their length. I say all of this to stress that dropping a lot of money on a Comptech might not be worth the expense if you can get more or less the same improvement from a cheap no-name intake, because at the end of the day, it’s a pipe and a filter that you're installing. Here’s a link to the discussion/showdown that gives insight into a lot of this: https://www.team-integra.net/forum/14-performance/40667-one-only-intake-thread-here.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts