Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trouble matching those clear corners to your Silverstars... well; not anymore! Sylvania annouced that they have produced silverstar signal buls for many different applications (includes us!). They are not sold in the general public yet, but are available online at www.sylvania.com/. ... the search is over!

Linked!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
wow awesome i always wondered if they will come out with these..defintaley gonna go order some.

does the double filament possibly mean when your running lights are on they are blue but when u use your signal they turn amber..or do they just have the blue coating?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got my Silverstars 2 days ago and when i looked at them thats the first thing i noticed, it made my clear corners look like crap, but wow, this is great news!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
*yawn* old news. They sell them at my local pep-boys. The bulb looks blue and turns amber when it's on. I forgot to ask for the price but I'm sure it's gonna cost a pretty penny.

·
Registered
789 Posts
its hard to find matching blinkers, but i dont see the point in having them if they are amber when lit. If they have the silverstar color when driving with lights on as well as turning, that would be hot

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
SpeeDDemon69 on Feb/07/04 said:
*yawn* old news. They sell them at my local pep-boys. The bulb looks blue and turns amber when it's on. I forgot to ask for the price but I'm sure it's gonna cost a pretty penny.
Yep, seen these at pepboys too.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
they're ok, had them on my ride since summer time. when the bulbs do burn out, i'll just spray silver on top of my ambers and have the same effect
. i wish they would make a clear glass bulb and it'll be amber when lit

·
Registered
120 Posts
cmezoom11 on Feb/07/04 said:
The point of them being amber when you turn is so that you won't get a ticket.....esp out here in cali where everything can come to question
the color of the turn signal flashing can either be amber or clear for the front. it is the lack of an orange reflector that gets you a ticket.

so if you have clear corners with these bulbs, it still doesn't make it legal since the color of a front turn signal can be clear or amber. so when they they say it flashes amber, its just a marketing gimic to make you think that oh, since its amber, then it'll be ok and complies with cvc codes. yet they fail to mention which state its legal in and what the laws are.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts