Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the 9005 silverstars in my teg, by the way the light output is really good, but personally, i think the color is kinda stock looking. its too yellowish to me, they are not white. anyways, i been looking at the sylvania coolblues, i hope this has a real white to it, it also putsa out 1700 lumens,just like the silverstars, if anyone has the coolblues, please let me know if it has awesome color, pics will be great too, thanks guys.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yeah, I was hoping it would give that blue tint look, but it doesn't. I just bought the light 2 months ago, and a little disappointed. I told myself I would never buy lights from a autostore like that again. Quality = sh*t. So I took them off and bought Cystal Blue Headlight. I defiantly noticed that blue look I wanted. but Im still not Satisfied. So i decided to buy HID :)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I don't have them, but Sylvania's website lists coolblues as 3550K, so it'll be yellower than the 4000K Silverstars. I'll have to buy those the next time around. Same lumen output for less. Thanks a lot, tackler59!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I personally dont like the SilverStars because they still give a yellowish light... so went to the Japanese light bulbs i dont know what they are called, bought it from a local performance shop, 35 bucks a pair... they're bright as crap and are completely white. its 85 watts instead of the 65 watt of the silverstar. but i was told that the high wattage might burn the harness but the lighting is great

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yeah 85 watts is pretty high for the stock harness....be careful! I have the 9005 conversion on my Teg and I don't mind them at all for being bulbs. They give out a heck of a lot of light compared to the stock bulb, I feel safe because I could see everything in front of me, and I don't see any yellow at all in my conversion. Maybe I'm not being as picky as some people.
I'm just messing. If you want the HID look though, then save for the HIDs because I have yet to see a bulb match the capabilities of HIDs.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Silverstars are meant to be white in color, whereas the CoolBlues look more blue.

Color temperature ultimately is what determines the color temperature. Headlamp design affects it somewhat, but color temp is the biggest factor.

Don't confuse color temperature with brightness (luminosity). A whiter bulb is not necessarily any brighter. Lumens is king when it comes to illumination...more lumens on the road = more visibility. Period.

All About Headlamp Bulbs article
HID Lighting 101 article

Those articles should give you the information you need to make a good decision.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Go woth piaa, forget that silverstar crap, its for suckers. Piaa has a 7500k bulb that is the sh*t.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
With my 9005 Silverstar conversion my headlights look MUCh whitero on the road compared to the cars next to me.

Sometimes the HID cars light is very similar to my Silverstar lights. Color wise, not as bright.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
yea i use this one bulb that is jus hella blue. 9005 100 watts and have had them on for a while now. harness is perfectly fine

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
if someone wants to host a video for me, or suggest a place to host it for free i will upload a video of my teg doing a driveby with the 9005 silverstar conversion.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
MSGBURNER on Apr/08/04 said:
Go woth piaa, forget that silverstar crap, its for suckers. Piaa has a 7500k bulb that is the sh*t.
you're kidding me right? 7500k is not very usable at all

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Cool blues are yellow, I bought them and changed them out a few weeks later. Now I have APC xenon bulbs and love the white/blue tint they give off

Put it this way... If it says "Street Legal" then they will always have that yellow tint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts