Team Integra Forums banner

Silver Interlaced Carbon Fiber

842 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  TheGSRGuy 
#1 ·
I am skeptical about getting a carbon fiber hood. I posted before about getting a hood with a scoop, but everyone I talk to asks if I am getting a carbon fiber hood. one of my friends told me they make carbon fiber hoods with silver interlace. My only dislike about carbon fiber is that I think it throws off the conformity of a single color car. I can see if you had a lot of carbon fiber highlights like carbon fiber mirrors,tailights, etc. If they do make a carbon fiber hood with silver interlace then it may match my silver car better. Any comments?

#4 ·
Hey XxGSRxX thanks for that link. I was browsing around the site liking what I saw. Then at the bottom it had a scrolling message saying they will price match anything, and a 303 phone number. That's Denver, about 1 hr 1/2 away from me. Never knew it was there. I can save on shipping. I'll just take a ride in my dad's truck and pick up my stuff. Thanks man.

#8 ·
But you wont get that glare effect that the cf hood gives. The closest way i could explaine it is it looks like rattle snake skin and when people see EVERY MOTHA PHUCKER has to touch it. I come back to car in a parking lot i have 5 new finger prints. I only noticed one person touching mine at the TI meet but he wasent ever with us

#9 ·
XxGSRxX on Aug/12/02 said:
hmm goto asylumms.com im pretty sure they have differnt color carbon fiber hoods. I have seen yellow before so i know they do it.
WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM ASYLUMMS!!

If you get ripped off, conned, tricked, played, whatever, don't say I didn't warn you.

(I think there has only been 1 report of a happy customer)

-Ep

#11 ·
Who cares if you don't get the CF look. CF is more than for appearance, it is lighter and you 'gain back' some horsepower from it. If you like the CF look so bad, I've seen these tarp-like things that stretch over your hood to imitate CF.

But if you choose to get a CF hood, get a good one. The cheap-o $400 ones are not pure CF and might not fit well. The $800+ ones are the high-quality ones. Viist www.fiberimages.com for nice ones. (watch the videos too)

Oh and don't get one with scoops or anything, it will detract from the Integra's overall clean appearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.