Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I saw on some cars their signal blinker is fast!! I was wondering if there is a way i can make mine faster?

·
Registered
126 Posts
they have a hyper blinker kit... they on ebay alot...they have pics of a truck with stock and a truck with the hyper kit and thers like a 3x improvement....search ebay ull find some...not that much either

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it on ebay but it seems like it blinks like a strobe. Is there any rules with cops on blinker speed?

·
Registered
382 Posts
You don't need a hyper blinker kit. I thought my wiring went on the fritz after I installed new turn signal bulbs, but it ended up being the LED bulbs I changed to.

LED bulbs respond faster, so they alternate quicker, hence the fast blinking. It's kind of annoying because the turn signal gauge inside the car is fast as well so you get the ding ding ding ding sound going fast also.

LED Bulb Pictures

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
I think the dinging faster would be good for me... I never used to do this but I tend to forget when I turn my turn signals on... I don't think the click is as loud in this car as in my mitsu... or maybe its just that the music in the teg is a little louder

·
Registered
382 Posts
I got a pair of Pilot 12 LED 1157's for $39.90 shipped from HERE. The 194's have 4 LED's and I got them on eBay from www.terrshop.com. They also sell the 1157's but they are only 9 LED's. You can find the 1157 White LED's for cheaper than $39.90 on eBay but I didn't feel like waiting for auctions to end.

The pair of Pilot's I got are guaranteed for 100,000 hours.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought my car with a faster blinker but i've always been told that it was a blown fuse or a bigger fuse than what is meant. But I bought my car with few mods. so maybe they did a blinker kit.... huh who knows?

·
Registered
289 Posts
What I did for mine was that I removed the front blinker housing and I removed the big bulb, but left the small one. This makes it blink twice as fast all around and also it looks sweet when you can only see a little bit of the blinker in the front. It makes the car look more unique at night; at least to me.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Cut a wire and you lose at least one light. Remove the front bulb and now you have no blinkers to the front. Most LED's are so dim that they are certainly useless in the day. Blink the lights faster and they become harder to see. The lights blink at a certain speed for a reason: the light can get to full bright and full dim, and the rate itself is such that the blinking is more noticeable. I just don't understand all these mods that make things less safe. Then again, at least the fast blinkers will give the person a reason to use them.

.... steps down from soapbox.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
what causes that, is the resistance of the circut...thats why it does that when you have a burnt out light or something...led bulbs have considerably less ressistance than normal bulbs so just putting even one of those into your circut will cause it to hyper....

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I'm not sure if thats legal in the states, but in Canada its defintely illegal. Its very dangerous at night to look at. I'm not sure if you guys consider other people on the road, there some people who are very sensitive to fast strobbing lights, it induces seizures in some people. There was a large awareness program surrounding video games involving the same problem in the early '90s if some remember, its part of the reason Canadian law has made it illegal. I don't know about you but I have seen someone in a teg the other day waiting to turn left with that stobbing/fast blinking hyper light, it makes me blitz really hurts my eyes I can understand why cops would pull you for something like that. I'd defintely check with your states law on this first before you do anything and you should also consider other drivers on the road.

·
Registered
489 Posts
ChaosWithin on Apr/28/03 said:
What I did for mine was that I removed the front blinker housing and I removed the big bulb, but left the small one. This makes it blink twice as fast all around and also it looks sweet when you can only see a little bit of the blinker in the front. It makes the car look more unique at night; at least to me.
This way is better then any other way,, Hands down!!!
*Its Free
*No Cutting
*No rewiring
*No fuse crossing or whatever
* it can be changed back 2 normal anytime
* its easy to do*
* its not 2 fast or 2 slow
* it looks tight at night 2
All u need is a screw driver and 2 hands
I had the same qustion 3 months ago

Try it and see how u like it, if u dont like it aleast u aint wast money!!!!!
Dont take unneeded risk when the electrical system is involed

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I still think the easiest way to do this is to just go out and buy the hyperblinker relay.. that way, you don't have to cut any wires or mess anything up, or take out bulbs.. (which, isn't that kinda dangerous?)
Didn't someone on this site do an article on taking the stock relay, opening it up, and doing something to the resistors in it to make them blink faster or differently? I'll see if I can find that..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts