Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there some trick to taking the mirror itself off or do I need to remove the whole housing from the car? mine cracked. anyone replaced one before?
thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
i had to replace mine last month. i don't think there any tricks to taking it off. if you need to replace the whole side mirror then you gotta take off the door panal and then from there you can take off the mirror. take the plastic cover off, then theres 3 nuts to take off and unplug the power and it should come off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all I need to replace is the mirror glass, can that piece come out without removing the whole thing? I have to take the outer door panel off?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The mirror glass can be removed without taking off the mirror. You just pull it straight out and it comes off it's pivot mount. This applies to non heated mirrors. I assume the heated mirrors have a wire attached to them. I partially pulled mine out when I wanted to replace the cracked frame but I assume if you pull the mirror off it's mounting( I believe two mounts) it should come free.

Anselm

·
Registered
96 Posts
anyone know anything about wiring power M3 mirrors on the tegs, i know about the wires coming out of the car but the ones on the mirror dont give me anything to work with?

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
I've heard of people taking thier broken mirror to a glass/mirror cutter and having them make a new mirror to fit in the old housing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone have some sort of manual for replacing side view mirrors? I bought new mirrors becuase of vadalism and want to make sure i put them back right... Thanks.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
If you're just replacing the mirrors, use a flat head screw driver wrapped with a towel, and pop the mirror off as gently as possible. Carefull though because there as spring and and a c-clip/pin that you'll need for the install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts