Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my car drove perfect, tonight something was wrong. The idle is suddenly off, its fluctuating and stumbling a bit. When i give it gas the car shudders and doesnt produce as much power as it should, but then it suddenly will act normal for a second or two, without me changing throttle position, It will drive smooth and accelerate faster, but then the shuddering comes right back. I dont know what could have happened because i wasnt under the hood between the two times i drove it today.

btw the motor is a recent swap, with many new parts. I also put in new motor mounts a few days ago. I had to replace the tps, i changed it out with one from omnipower yesterday. but it ran fine last night and this morning.

I dont think its the mounts because that wouldnt cause a drop in power. I dont think its anything in the drivetrain because the idle is off too.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Easiest thing first: Have you checked all your vacuum lines? Especially if you were giving it a bit, and with the new vibrations from mounts, one of the lines may have popped off.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
make sure all your lines are still where they should, you may have not completely mounted some of hte lines properly, stuff you'll only notice and fix when it pops off or leaks a bit after you've driven the new motor for a day or two.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i would start out with the basics spark plugs.

·
Registered
215 Posts
try changeing the ignition coil, I wet my car and the engine did the same thing . it may be difficult taking the coil off so you might wana get a mecanic to do it if your not confident in your abbilities or have tools

PS ignition coils are like $20 on ebay.
you might wana change the rotor and cap also.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was thinking my timing might be off so i pulled off the valve cover. The timing belt moved toward the drivers side of the car, meaning i can see some of the left side of the pulleys. What would cause the belt to move over like this? and how do i fix it?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its not the timing

but i took out my spark plugs and noticed the one on the far drivers side was a little wet, also it looks a bit different from the other 3. These plugs have less than 1000 miles on them

·
Registered
720 Posts
k624ash on Sep/20/07 said:
i was thinking my timing might be off so i pulled off the valve cover. The timing belt moved toward the drivers side of the car, meaning i can see some of the left side of the pulleys. What would cause the belt to move over like this? and how do i fix it?

thats normal to have the belt more to the right.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Supra24valve on Sep/22/07 said:
Quote: k624ash on Sep/20/07i was thinking my timing might be off so i pulled off the valve cover. The timing belt moved toward the drivers side of the car, meaning i can see some of the left side of the pulleys. What would cause the belt to move over like this? and how do i fix it?

thats normal to have the belt more to the right.
i have a seperate thread on that, and i figured out that problem. i had forgoten to put in the piece that prevents it from moving like that

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When i did my engine swap i moved over my injectores, fuel rail, and fuel pressure regulator from my ls over to the gsr. one of my friend suggested that my problem might be the ls fuel pressure regulator?

·
Registered
215 Posts
FPR makes sense but I still think its the coil,
have you tested it yet? if you have any buds with the same motor you could swap the dizzy out and see if runs better.

p.s. takes me less than 3 mins to remove the dizzy worth a try

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bonKeRz86 on Oct/23/07 said:
FPR makes sense but I still think its the coil,
have you tested it yet? if you have any buds with the same motor you could swap the dizzy out and see if runs better.

p.s. takes me less than 3 mins to remove the dizzy worth a try
one of the plug wires was making bad contact on the distributor side. I kicked myself when i realized thats what it was. I think it must not have been on quite right and then the new mounts shoot it loose. I just didnt think of it because i hadnt touched the wires so i had no reason to think one would come loose all of a sudden

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.