Team Integra Forums banner
1,861 - 1,880 of 1,907 Posts
here's my modded black 90 gs db1 project. also had a black mk2 rocco

Attachments

Here is a picture of my 1991 RS. Currently has under 60,000 miles. Picked it up a few weeks ago.

It is all stock (currently), except for an after market CD Player/Antenna.

SUPER clean inside and out. I will have more pictures up soon once I get the new wheels, coilovers and AEM SRI installed.

~ Justin

Here is a picture of my 1991 RS. Currently has under 60,000 miles. Picked it up a few weeks ago.

It is all stock (currently), except for an after market CD Player/Antenna.

SUPER clean inside and out. I will have more pictures up soon once I get the new wheels, coilovers and AEM SRI installed.

~ Justin

Wow clean and low miles all I see here in my place are high miles except for mine ofcourse got it last year with under 60 also Ive been daily driving it and made 10k miles for a year.

Hello every one,
I just picked her up on Friday. Aside from the body work that needs to get done among a few other things I don't know what to do as far as engine work and tuning. It’s my first Acura. 1990 RS. I’m very excited for your thoughts and ideas. All interior is original except from the radio and the sub that I put in. but as I said I'm new to this but, I want to do it right so thanks for your help.

Hey guys, new here. Proud owner of a 1992 RS.

Picked it up for $600 last year. It was a lake inside. I gutted it, dried it, sealed it, pulled some glass, layered it with sound deadening than reassembled the interior after some cleaning, dying, and replacing.

I wired two 10" subs, two 6.5" midwoofers, two 5.25" full range, and two 1" tweeters running on two MB quart amps.

I've got most of the panels stripped down, all of the rust and a majority of the body lines and dents fixed. It had a rust hole developing by the windshield, a caved in quarter panel, and a trunk that looked like it had been river danced on. I've got all my paint in stock, it's going SPI single stage polyurethane black. Should be going under the gun this week. Both bumpers are in final primer ready to sand off for paint. Need to final prime the rest of my body work tomorrow for final sanding before I blow the shop out and prep for paint.

Not sure where to go from here in terms of handling and performance. It handles surprisingly well bone stock with some 15" summer tires. I went over the brakes, the front end is tight and everything is alligned. Had to replace a rear wheel bearing and a CV axle. What are some good bang for buck handling mods for these cars? It's already pretty light, but it sits a mile high and could be a little stiffer. The back end does roll around a TAD under hard cornering and weight transfer.

Also, it's bone stock, in need of a new cat (or just delete) and o2 sensor. Air filter is dirty but I'll probably just put a cold air on it. Are these really worth trying to make power out of? I've got a TD04 thats mounted to a b series cast manifold, and some DSM injectors on a shelf in the garage, might sell them if I can't use them. Is it okay to boost a stock b18a/b? If I need to replace rod bearings or bolts can that be done with the engine in the car? I'm looking to do more work over it this winter, but mainly in the handling and performance department.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've only got maybe $1500 into this car over the course of the last year. No major surprises so I stayed well within budget, may as well have some fun now.

Attachments

Been waiting for this thread.. Here yeah go...
I just picked mine up a couple months ago. GS with 83k original miles! A literal "little old lady" purchase (I'm the 2nd owner :biggrin:). The interior is super clean and looks like she never had a passenger in it. Couldn't be happier with the purchase since all of the other rides I'd been looking at were basically just someones failed project.

Attachments

I just picked mine up a couple months ago. GS with 83k original miles! A literal "little old lady" purchase (I'm the 2nd owner :biggrin:). The interior is super clean and looks like she never had a passenger in it. Couldn't be happier with the purchase since all of the other rides I'd been looking at were basically just someones failed project.

good buy looks really clean. auto or manual?

Manual. Wouldn't have bought it otherwise. It's got a few quirks, but I'm smoothing them out little by little. With the exception of the drivers seat, it doesn't look like anyone has ever sat in the other seats.

Nice where did you find this gem?

I bought it from an estate sale after the original owner passed away. So far all I've had to do is a tune up, but be getting the timing and all other belts replaced soon. Once I get the little stuff worked out, then I can start with the upgrades. I'm not planning to do anything too crazy, just basic stuff. I want it to be clean and reliable, but still fun to drive.

The black one is the one that I own now. The blue one was my old one. I missed having a DA so much I had to get another one. I am trying to find the wheels that were on my blue one for my black one

Attachments

1,861 - 1,880 of 1,907 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.