Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating selling my 1999 Integra LS coupe. =(... It's been sitting around and not getting any attention aside from a short weekly drive just to keep the battery charged. I figure it could be of use for someone else who needs it. Hard to let it go though. It was the first car I bought with my own money just after college and it's been with me for 20 years now! So I'm just wondering what the community thinks should be a reasonable price. The Kelly Blue Book values seems awfully low. At KKB prices, it's more valuable to keep the car as a back-up. I browsed some of the For Sales, but a lot are pretty old. So I'm just wondering what people think is a reasonable price. Well, here are some details:

1999 LS Coupe 5-speed manual with factory spoiler.
229K miles.
Original owner, non smoker.
Remote locks, but the alarm siren stopped working.
Black exterior (fading on roof, trim, and some panel edges)
Beige cloth interior in good condition. Trunk cloth has wear, though.
Koni sport yellow shocks. Never lowered but the Konis are set to the lower of the two settings. It's not really low at all.
AEM intake (red). Still have the original.
Original radio still on hand but was replaced with a Pioneer with bluetooth, handsfree calling, USB input, detachable faceplate.
Clear corners with LED bulbs.
Upgraded HID lights.
Master cylinder was replaced maybe like 15 years ago.
Synthetic oil 90% of the time.
One accident, all cosmetic and repaired over 10 years ago.
Well taken care of. Followed the maintenance schedule pretty well. The early years were mostly done at the dealership, but then I found a really good mechanic, ex-Acura/Honda employee, who was the main guy I would take it to for anything.

So what do you think would be a reasonable price?

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you create an account at Autotrader, you can use the research tool to see what they have been selling for, before you pay autotrader anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the title is clean, I'd keep it just the way it is. It's harder to find a nice clean Integra and is becoming more rare to find clean title. A 2nd car is always good to have if you have the space/ time for it.

Sell price on a clean title LS 230K miles i'd say about $2,800- $3,400 I probably over valued it a bit.

If it's salvage price is $1500 -$2300

I had a 1996 Salvage GSR which I bought in 2000, sold it to my neighbor in 2011 for really low price of $1000 because I bought an Infiniti and didn't have the space for it. REGRET THAT NOW.

I just recently bought a 2000 GSR to restore and collect. Prices are going up on clean restored ones.

I would Keep, keep, keep it if the car wasn't a hassle and isn't falling apart.

there's just a lot of sentimental value with your first car.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Honestly, in that condition I'd keep it. We have three of them right now and my son is toying with getting rid of his. We have one for my daughter also that needs a little engine and cosmetic work, but we're tempted to get it squared away and keep it around for a spare car when something else is in the shop. They're nice little cars, as you've noticed over the years, and they don't take much to maintain. Plus they don't bring what they're really worth, honestly. If you can afford the upkeep, have the room for it, and don't really need the extra money right now, I would hang onto it. You'll regret turning loose of it like most of us have done with our first cars.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
In the condition it is in, private sale would probably be around $2500. I would keep it if you don't need the money. They go for around 1800-2000 here, in close to this condition.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the title is clean, I'd keep it just the way it is. It's harder to find a nice clean Integra and is becoming more rare to find clean title. A 2nd car is always good to have if you have the space/ time for it.

Sell price on a clean title LS 230K miles i'd say about $2,800- $3,400 I probably over valued it a bit.

If it's salvage price is $1500 -$2300

I had a 1996 Salvage GSR which I bought in 2000, sold it to my neighbor in 2011 for really low price of $1000 because I bought an Infiniti and didn't have the space for it. REGRET THAT NOW.

I just recently bought a 2000 GSR to restore and collect. Prices are going up on clean restored ones.

I would Keep, keep, keep it if the car wasn't a hassle and isn't falling apart.

there's just a lot of sentimental value with your first car.
Thanks for the perspective. You may have just changed my mind about selling! Yeah, I don’t want to regret not having it around. Coincidence but my integra also got kicked to the curb when I got a G37 about six years ago.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's a keeper, looks clean but I didn't see the best part... the motor. I've sold a couple of cars in my time and the sell is when you pop open the hood and they see "the best part". That'll make a sale happen, like right then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Inspect your documents and see if you have completed paperwork to show to the buyer.

For instance, if your car's on loan, you need to make sure about the exact amount of payoff left. To be sure, ask your lender what necessary documents you need to complete before you can sell your car.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I voted for you to keep it buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut if you're thinking of selling it, I may be interested in buying it. I know it has high af mileage but I miss my 94 RS 5 speed teg. teg had a 98 front end conversion, painted nighthawk black pearl, and nearly the same mileage. thus, that's basically the same car. let me know what you think :eek:

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Keep it! I'm biased. Similar to you though. Bought it new from the dealer January 2000. My first new car and my first "Dream car" that was affordable compared to some exotic dream car. I'm the sole owner. It's driven very little now thanks to kids. I used to drive it to work by now I drop off the kids on the way so no go. A pair of car seats would be a pain in the ass. So for now it's very little driving but it's still my first born. Just got collector plates for it this year. Some day my kids will be big enough that they won't need child seats and they can ride in it with me. Then it'll get driven more. Sentimental value is much higher for me than sale value. If you don't need the money and you can keep it without a big hassle then keep it. Especially having owned it for 20 years. You sell it and a couple years down the rode you may regret it but there will be nothing you can do to get it back. Even buying another one won't quite be the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also say to keep it. It’s hard to find a teggy that has a clean title and hasn’t been ran into the ground. Unless you need the money then that’s a different story. If you can keep it go for it and just use it once or twice a week

·
Registered
5 Posts
For me, I think 40 percent is going to do that. It's a lot already.

I'm contemplating selling my 1999 Integra LS coupe. =(... It's been sitting around and not getting any attention aside from a short weekly drive just to keep the battery charged. I figure it could be of use for someone else who needs it. Hard to let it go though. It was the first car I bought with my own money just after college and it's been with me for 20 years now! So I'm just wondering what the community thinks should be a reasonable price. The Kelly Blue Book values seems awfully low. At KKB prices, it's more valuable to keep the car as a back-up. I browsed some of the For Sales, but a lot are pretty old. So I'm just wondering what people think is a reasonable price. Well, here are some details:

1999 LS Coupe 5-speed manual with factory spoiler.
229K miles.
Original owner, non smoker.
Remote locks, but the alarm siren stopped working.
Black exterior (fading on roof, trim, and some panel edges)
Beige cloth interior in good condition. Trunk cloth has wear, though.
Koni sport yellow shocks. Never lowered but the Konis are set to the lower of the two settings. It's not really low at all.
AEM intake (red). Still have the original.
Original radio still on hand but was replaced with a Pioneer with bluetooth, handsfree calling, USB input, detachable faceplate.
Clear corners with LED bulbs.
Upgraded HID lights.
Master cylinder was replaced maybe like 15 years ago.
Synthetic oil 90% of the time.
One accident, all cosmetic and repaired over 10 years ago.
Well taken care of. Followed the maintenance schedule pretty well. The early years were mostly done at the dealership, but then I found a really good mechanic, ex-Acura/Honda employee, who was the main guy I would take it to for anything.

So what do you think would be a reasonable price?
View attachment 105081

View attachment 105074

View attachment 105075

View attachment 105076

View attachment 105077

View attachment 105078

View attachment 105079

View attachment 105080

View attachment 105082

View attachment 105083

1 - 13 of 13 Posts