Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wuddah yall, I'm in a predicament...I have this nice 94 Integra LS and its just been sitting there on my lawn since an accident in October 04 with a busted front bumper, hood, windshield, and fenders. Now I figured the cost to be approximately to $1,600 for a body kit, CF hood, fenders, windshield, radiator support, halo projector headlights, bumper reinforcement, hood latch, D2S bulbs, and DS2 Bulb holders and I'm purchasing all this from EBAY....is it all worth the trouble?? Also I can't find the 94 halo projecor headlights anymore...would the 98+ fit my integra? And how difficult would all these be for a DIY?? How would i know if i have frame damage and how does this affect the fitment of these parts??...I'm especially worried about installing a radiator support since I've never done it and dont know how to go about....should I just buy another car?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
1. only you can answer whether or not you want to put the time and money into fixing it up. Bear in mind it is a 12 year old car.

2. Our sponsor NL Motoring sells 94-97 halo lights. The 98-01 halo lights won't fit unless you install a 98-01 front bumper.

3. Frame damage is something that has to be measured on a special machine. Frame damage will definitely affect how well the parts fit together. Your best bet is to pay a body shop to straighten the frame.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
uhhhh wow....so many quesitions

1. first of all it's up to you to mdecide if it's worth it or not.

2. i don't know how you got 1600$ for all that you listed.
Body kit + prep + paint = 1000$ at the least
Windsheild 200-300$
Headlights 150$
Fenders 100$
CF hood 300$
rad support 200$
bumper reinforcement...duno

3. 98-01 headlights can fit.. i have seen it done. but it doesn't look that great....why not just get a 98-01 front bumper...that way ti will fit.

4.your probably not going to know if you have frame damage until you get all the pieces together. you can look at it and usually see if the frame has been damaged or not. but if you can't tell by eye. then yea your going to have to wait until all the parts are on the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you all for the responses....as for the estimate....i was just including price of parts....i decided to go ahead an buy a 98 body kit.....would i have to buy a 98 hood, 98 radiator support, and 98 fenders?? 98 bumper reinforcement and do da radiator support bring the hood latch?? or do i have to get a 98 one? what do body shops usually charge for prep and installation?

·
Registered
410 Posts
if you have to do the whole car why dont you just go ahead and get a jdm convo. i mean your goin to get everything that you need for the front end in the convo kit anyways so if you have the little extra bit of money you should just do that and add a lot more style and stand out from the rest of the tegs a lil more

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
And if you do have any frame damage..putting a ****ty fitting ebay body kit on it wont make the lines meet any better.

I'd definetly do OEM grade parts if you're going to be rebuilding.

Im not a huge fan..but as Justin said, the JDM Conversion will cost about the same as all that crap you listed up there. I'd definetly consider that.

·
Registered
572 Posts
damiazsp305 on Feb/04/06 said:
thank you all for the responses....as for the estimate....i was just including price of parts....i decided to go ahead an buy a 98 body kit.....would i have to buy a 98 hood, 98 radiator support, and 98 fenders?? 98 bumper reinforcement and do da radiator support bring the hood latch?? or do i have to get a 98 one? what do body shops usually charge for prep and installation?
no everything else is the same between the years except the bumper.

·
Registered
464 Posts
for what youve explained, im going to have to agree with the others and go with a JDM conversion. itll look good. trust.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
and since it has been sitting there for over a year, you are going to want to do a tune up, change the oil and clean out your fuel system. the oil is going to be thick and the fuel isnt going to be that fresh. also the tires will probably need to be replaced since they will have flat spots in them by now. its a lot of work because the car has been sitting there for over a year. your car also may have critters living in it as well. Good luck with this project.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ended up purchasing everything I mentioned. Now my question is....who should install it?? I'm particularly worried about the radiator support and side skirts, which some ppl have difficulties. How difficult would this be for me?? And what is a ball park figure some ppl expect for a project in which i'll let professionals install a body kit, cf hood with pins, m3 mirrors, fenders, radiator support, bumper reinforcement, hood latch, and headlights....what do must ppl expect to pay for this...in Miami if possible.....and all this as aftermarket parts....i know its difficult to estimate but i just want a ball park figure....thank you all for your help......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.