Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought one and im wondering about quality?? when i was choosing the sales guy showed me a skunk2 and some solo performance short shifter, the skunk2 looked better(doesnt really make a diff) and look a lot a lot more durable. It was about three times heavier than the solo, but a hell, a hell of allot more expensive. Does it make a diff. will the cheap one break, what is the difference between GOOD QUALITY AND BAD QUALITY if there is such a thing......PLS any and all info would be THANKED.

ANyonE also kno bout mugen rad caps if there worth it and what exacly do they do.

·
Registered
409 Posts
There is no such thing as good, they are bad =) hehe Don't get one.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
before i got b&m i bought some cheap short shifter sold by massive motorsports off ebay.... It lasted a good while till one day the shift knob came completly off the shifter without unscrewing it... The threads of the shifter were stuck in the knob and snaped the damn thing in two... go with brand name

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
I'm going to go for the DC most likely. How is it for those of you out there that have it? Any other reasonably priced ones in that price range? I'd like to get the neuspeed if it wasn't ungodly priced!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K i havent did the conversion but ask u guys....
(canadian Dollars) the skunk2 the best he could get me was $200 and the best for the solo was $100. now is that sound right????? and has anyone seen and KNO bout this solo BRand please let me kno. i bought it yesterday and want to install it today but if u guys think or KNO that it is not good let me KNO THANK U!!!!!!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
TeamVicious on Sep/19/02 said:
before i got b&m i bought some cheap short shifter sold by massive motorsports off ebay.... It lasted a good while till one day the shift knob came completly off the shifter without unscrewing it... The threads of the shifter were stuck in the knob and snaped the damn thing in two... go with brand name
DUDE!!!!!!!!! The exact same thing happened to me lolol. I bought mine from group buy center offa massive motorsports. I downsthifted one night and the shift knob came clean off with the threads of the short shifter still inside.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont kno if u guys kno but u dont hav to screw it in u can put that rubber gasket and tighten around the threads!

·
Registered
577 Posts
i have a skunk2. It was a little pricey, but worth it IMO. People sometimes complain that short shifters make you grind the synchros easier, but i say just be more careful when shifting. The feel is much improved, and the shifts do come quicker.

·
Registered
108 Posts
the ryda has returned ! i know these cats down in rowland heights they just put the turbo in my homeboy sugawolfs 2 door..they'll make a custom short shifter for you out uf a stock part. they say its because the bearings in the after market pieces are not so great. the shop is called "spark motorsports" ask for anthony, tell him Chris with the Purple 4-door sent you! he told me them other ones break

1 - 14 of 14 Posts