Team Integra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im am thinking about buying a short ram intake since im on a low budget and want suggestions on which brand i should buy and from where or which website.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi im am thinking about buying a short ram intake since im on a low budget and want suggestions on which brand i should buy and from where or which website.
Sup bro! I got a nice DC short ram on amazon for 70 bucks Sounds mean and runs nice..

Theres one left so get it while you can!

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you are set on a short ram, budget wise your best move might be velocity stack with filter to smooth out the incoming air and a 3" generic intake pipe, its just a pipe does not make much of a difference. The ice box setup may be very good , never had an air box when I was normally aspirated but I ran cool air ducts from under the car to the short ram filter and it made some difference so the box should help alot

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got a Carbon Fiber SRI from PWJDM last week for my '97 LS, they retail around $220 got mine for $180 i think. so far it's been nice, gave my LS some balls. bit of a power difference also. i can cruise at 80 in fourth @ 4.7-5k , before i installed it id be redlining lol . only been in the game for about a month but i recommend it. not exactly sure what your budget is like. no low end gains but mid to high end for sure.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
You're not going to get big gains from any intake...choose one with a 3" pipe and high flow filter and move onto something bigger.

·
Registered
67 Posts
if you're looking for gains, CAI is the way to go but honestly like Justin said, You aren't going to get noticeable gains from it, and im not a fan of Hydro-locking (But Icebox supposedly does.t have that problem) . My SRI from PWJDM sounds really nice and allows the car to breath better maybe minimal gains. but even a CAI is going to give you minimal gains. i just had $200 to bull **** with and like the look of the carbon fiber (even though others dont like the style of it lol)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.