Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would really rather do this install myself cause i dont like having friends do sh*t for me

but i looked through the articles and only found a artice on a cai install and a cai and short ram install seem to be differnet

do we have a short ram install article?

if not is there anything i should know before attempting this project?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
well it is just about the same as the cai. first take off the bumper and remove the resonator. then reinstall the bumper. next unscrew the airbox and remove the rubber intake tube from the intake manifold. attach the filter to your intake using the clamp. and then attach the intake to the im using the rubber sleeve over the intake and IM and attach that with the provided clamp as well. then attach the stock beather tube to the intake. then install the intake harness to the filter and then to the body. thats it and it is very simple. you could probably do it by just looking at your car without and directions and just using common sense.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ouch!
remove the bumper?

i thought i wasnt gonna have to do that will a short ram

if i remove my stock intake i still have to remove the resonator?

·
Registered
836 Posts
You don't have to remove the bumper. If you don't want to , you don't even have to take out the bottom half of the stock airbox. But I find it is much easier to get to the resonator by taking of the passenger's side front whell, and taking out the fender lining, and going at it from there.-

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i guess i didnt realize i thought the resonator was a part of the stock intake

i dont get what the resonator is connected to i mean if i put a aftermarket intake it wont even be connected to the resonator right?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Short ram install is almost the same as the CAI.

You don't need to take off the front bumper.

Take out the airbox & rubber tubing according to the CAI article.

Jack up the passenger side of the car.

Remove fender lining & start unbolting the resonator. Follow instructions from CAI install for the number of bolts on resonator.

Pull that f*cking resonator POS out & throw away. (Took me a solid hour 1st time I did it because I stripped one of the bolts).

Install intake, button up car, & you are done.

·
Registered
382 Posts
kingkash420 on Jul/16/02 said:
ok i guess i didnt realize i thought the resonator was a part of the stock intake

i dont get what the resonator is connected to i mean if i put a aftermarket intake it wont even be connected to the resonator right?
The resonator if I can rember is connected to the stock air box, but can easily be disconnected. The resonator basiclly keeps the air intake noise at a miniumum.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how hard is it to remove the fender lining?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
the resonator is not connected to the stock intake. and you dont NEED to take out the resonator but i will help a little in the minor gain of gains in an intake. you also dont NEED to take the bumper off, i just find it the easiest and most thourough way. the resonator reroutes the air flow to reduce noise.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jwong1268 on Jul/16/02 said:
The resonator if I can rember is connected to the stock air box, but can easily be disconnected. The resonator basiclly keeps the air intake noise at a miniumum.
wait so it wont affect me then?

this is what im trying to say

when i remove my stock air intake its will be disconnected from the resinator

i dont mind leaving the resinator in there if its not doing anything cause to me that extra work just to make some space isnt worth it but... if even after i completley remove the stock airbox and put the aftermarket short ram in the resonator still resonates or hurts performance then i will remove it

do you see what im trying to say? if not ill try to explain again

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
all im saying is that an intake doesnt really give you any big HP gains right. so the little that you will get you should take advantage of. one way is to remove the resonator. all though it is not connected to the stock intake, it is a part of the system and they do function together. so if you want all the HP gains that you can get from your intake, take out the resonator. if all you really want is the look of the intake and the sound that it makes, leave it on.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got just 2 more questions then ill leave ya alone hehe

1. is there anyway to disconnect the resonator instead of removing it?

2. how easy is it to remove the passanger fenderwall and what tools do i need to do it?

and thanks in advance for all your help guys (especially hoot)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Quote: kingkash420 on Jul/16/02how hard is it to remove the fender lining?[/QUOTE] It's held in with plastic clips & screws. Yes the resonator will be disconnected from the stock air box once you unbolt everything.

I don't know if this is fact or not, but in my OPINIoN I would suggest taking out the resonator. Like hootb18 said, it was designed to work with your stock air box.

I THINK that the resonator will block air flow to your short ram intake.

kingkash420, just IM me; AIM: nagamo88 or MSN: [email protected]

·
Registered
148 Posts
how much time is needed to install the sri without taking out the resonator....and only doing it thru an open hood? (not taking off wheel or bumper)

·
Registered
148 Posts
i also got this metal L shaped thing with holes...im pretty sure its for mounting....but i duno where it goes? can anyone post pics of their installed SRI? it would really help....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts