Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market to get a new clutch for my 99 GSR. I'd like to get 100k miles out of it, i'm also not pushing more than 200hp and 125 ft/lbs at the wheels. one more thing i do 40 miles of stop and go driving a day.
Any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
make your own ACT clutch, and get the TZ plate, or whatever... it's the one guaranteed to last longer than stock disc. you could probably run the stock equivalent pressure plate, or the next stage up.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
ACT Heavy Duty pressure plate 1800 lb (1200 lb stock) and Organic Hybrid Street disc with sprung center hub on the disc...or unsprung full-face Action Stage 1M disc...or unsprung full-face clutchnet.com Kush Lok disc

or Clutchmasters Stage 3.

Centerforce has a wimpy pressure plate clamping force.

throw out bearing change, adjust the throw, resurface the flywheel, check the shifter fork, check the master cylinder, check the tranny seal (rear main seal). Change your MTF on install and after break in at 500 miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exedy Organic Racing Disc and Pressure Plate. I put one in my 97 geeser not too long ago and the pedal feel isn't too much stiffer than stock, and this f**ker GRABS!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
I'm using an ACT Xtreme pressure plate (2100 lb) with the ACT organic hybrid street disc. Best compromise of race and street. The pedal is heavy but with the street disc and the throw adjusted it bites at a high enough pedal release that the stop and go isn't an adventure like pulling teeth. The HD plate should be plenty for most people.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Michael Delaney,
Reguarding the ACT set up you mentioned above ist it the
"ACT Performance Organic Street Disc " or the "ACT Modified Street Disc "

Thanks again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Personally I put in an Excedy organic racing clutch w/ lightened flywheel, on my 97 LS, its a great set up for the money. I only paid 300 for parts and labor. Pedal is stiffer than stock, and I have a short shifter too. Feels good, I can chrip in 3rd. WOW!

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
96dc2 on Dec/18/02 said:
MD's is the SS, which is the "ACT Performance Organic Street Disc "
ACT Street Discs - Organic, spring center replacement disc designed for smooth engagement, quiet operation and improved durability. ACT offers the best brands for the application. When a special hybrid ACT disc is available, the suffix "S" will appear in the disc part number. This hybrid disc may use a performance organic lining or an improved hub design. The suffix "M" indicates a disc that has a reduced marcel enabling quicker action. Street discs can be used with moderate to heavy duty applications including racing depending on the torque output and heat.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
spoonman on Dec/18/02 said:
Michael Delaney,
Reguarding the ACT set up you mentioned above ist it the
"ACT Performance Organic Street Disc " or the "ACT Modified Street Disc "

Thanks again.
Modified..Hybrid Street Disc.

a good full face disc. the downside is that it is sprung and therefore springs can eventually pop under high heat with thumping the clutch on multiple clutch pop launches at the track over time. Springs are more driveable on the street though.

·
Registered
645 Posts
i just bought Excedy six puck for my turbo lsvtec, and a asco flywheel. i 'll let you know of results soon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i dont know about a clutch lasting u 100k..unless u dont race ur car around..and even if that..well can i suggest the ACT HDSS or EXEDY organic or even clutchmasters stage 3..those r some nice choices

·
Registered
63 Posts
MD, I noticed you mentioned 'adjust pedal throw'....how do you do that on a hydro tranny? I know its quite easy with a cable tranny, but I didn't even know it was possible with the hydro?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts