Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kkz guys its been a very hard week for me 1st one my friend got killed last week..... so if this is the wrong forum please change it...... but my situation is this.... as some of you may know i ordered a set of gt3s, eibach springs shocks and a camber kit....... all of this was done on credit it was some shop thats is called stereo city.... heres the problem its been 16 days since my ordered was placed (and my frens too they got some volks for 700 supposely but his order is not in yet neither) so we go back trying to cancel the order cause its taking a long time and they say there will be a 25% charge for restocking fee...... for me thats 270$!! so im waiting and so is my friend but what are they going to resotck if nothing is here yet????.....im tired and frustrated and that company is not registered with the bbb..... so i called the bank and they are going to send me a dispute form on the mail telling me why am i cancelling and etc........i did make the store owner sign this paper saying when was the stuff shipped..... it was on the 1/17/06.......so i was wondering what to do next???? any one ever had any situation similar to this? thanks and sorry for the long post.....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yea you are being too impatient... Its only been 15 days... Holy ****!

You have NEVER ordered anything online have you!?.

Normally it takes like a month to get things from shops.

You are so not right for fixing up a car if you are that impatient.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
find out how long the shop has been in business and the credibility of the shop. some companies take longer to get items in BUT, rotas factory is in socal so your wheels should have arrived by now. the volks are a different story.

go get the owners information just in case the shop 'mysteriously goes out of business'

o yea and flux, what is a pyramid scheme shop? im curious to know

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i ordered stuff online b4 usually that longest it took it was about 5 days i think that was a itr lip....... but i didnt ordered online i went to an actual shop, they said it'll be in 4 days its been 16 days already....... im just going to get that dispute form and wait......thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
im gonna try and explain to you what might be happening in your situation. Since i oversee the shipping/receiving where i work, ill pass you some knowledge. You go into the shop and order some parts. The person who takes your order then calls up his sales rep/parts distributor and orders your parts thru them. Usually, if the parts are in stock the distributor will ship out the parts in 2 days tops. Heres the tricky part, once the order has been entered into their system (online/internet based) which is probably connected to all their delivery services (ups, fed ex, etc) it automatically sends a notice for pick up to that delivery service saying weve got parts for you to pick up. To keep track of this transaction, it is labeled with a conformation/tracking number telling what day the delivery service was notified to pick up parts for delivery. Usually when theres a back order item the distributor will hold the entire order to save on shipping charges and ship out once they get all the parts on hand. You will still receive the tracking number but it wont show up on the delivery service's customer tracking info cause they havent picked up yet. In your case im guessing the rota wheels are on back order, so the distributor has to contact the provider/fabricators which is Cosmic Marketing Corp. ( rota wheels distributor ,US based) and order thru them. This part sucks because if Cosmic dosent have em in stock, your gonna be waiting for months. Rota wheels are made in the Phillipines, they will not ship just one set of wheels, you will have to wait for the next batch (heres the save on shipping cost again). Its pretty complicated because there are so many steps in the process, i order from you, he orders from them, they order thru yatatata...The shop you ordered from cant give you the exact info your looking for because hes basically lost like you. The info that goes back and forth is usually misleading, to keep that good relations between providers/distributors/account holders/customers. example; i tell him parts will be shipped out in 1 month, he then tells the next person parts will be received in 2 weeks, that person tells you, your parts will be here in 1 week. Theres always a restocking fee when you make special orders ( order parts they dont stock in their store). Eventho you cancelled the parts , you still gotta pay em... that 25% is distributed between the store owner/distributor/fabricators all they way down to the source for putting their energy into your order.

·
Registered
267 Posts
keep in mind, this is not your exact situation but just an overview of the confusing process. Something to ease your mind and answer that question, " what could be taking so long?"

·
Registered
278 Posts
ummm.. this would not ease my mind i would also be just as upset, there is a thing called a phone and paper even a computer with order software these days which should let shops know an Actual date as to when all items will be in and shipped not just they are on their way, they are not here yet. keep waiting and waiting also you should not have had to paid until the item was either shipped or just a partial payment until goods are received IMO and i would not buy from a place if it were not that way. your not getting scammed just the company doesnt have their sh!t together again IMO

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i already settled it.....called up BBB told them shop calls me in 2 days telling me to come by..... he was all like hey dude why u call BBB i was like cause its been already 10 days after the due date since u told me the stuff was coming in...... he was like yea but please call them back and tell them that everything is ok... i was like **** no for what everything is not ok i didnt get none of my stuff and neither did my friend......... so guys DoNT go to those ghetto ass Stereo places.... i learned my lesson so now imma get everything from carlos....^_-

·
Registered
267 Posts
that good to hear, sometimes you gotta learn the hard way...sometimes those shops also have to learn the hard way.

·
Registered
176 Posts
its stuck in customs.. no i know what you are saying why is it taking long.. i too know all about stuff not getting shipped on time.. i work in a business that ships millions of dollars worth of worthless crap and sometimes its lil mistakes the shipping department has done or it can be who ever is delivering the stuff be patient, check your tracking number frequently, thats all you can do if not get the number where they ordered your stuff from and ask them if it has shipped. someone must be sleeping on the job, stuff doesnt always ship ontime, not even NDA are even on time.

·
Registered
205 Posts
dragon909boi on Feb/02/06 said:
i already settled it.....called up BBB told them shop calls me in 2 days telling me to come by..... he was all like hey dude why u call BBB i was like cause its been already 10 days after the due date since u told me the stuff was coming in...... he was like yea but please call them back and tell them that everything is ok... i was like **** no for what everything is not ok i didnt get none of my stuff and neither did my friend......... so guys DoNT go to those ghetto ass Stereo places.... i learned my lesson so now imma get everything from carlos....^_-
Not to threadjack, but wut's BBB? Is it kinda like the "FDIC" for banks?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Dang im sorry about all the bad news.. is that the Stereo City in Whittier? I use to live in Whittier.. ghetto ^^;;. Anyone yeah, just go through, if you really want your money back go with the dispute and try and stay away from shady shops if thats the situation

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.