Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kkz guys its been a very hard week for me 1st one my friend got killed last week..... so if this is the wrong forum please change it...... but my situation is this.... as some of you may know i ordered a set of gt3s, eibach springs shocks and a camber kit....... all of this was done on credit it was some shop thats is called stereo city.... heres the problem its been 16 days since my ordered was placed (and my frens too they got some volks for 700 supposely but his order is not in yet neither) so we go back trying to cancel the order cause its taking a long time and they say there will be a 25% charge for restocking fee...... for me thats 270$!! so im waiting and so is my friend but what are they going to resotck if nothing is here yet????.....im tired and frustrated and that company is not registered with the bbb..... so i called the bank and they are going to send me a dispute form on the mail telling me why am i cancelling and etc........i did make the store owner sign this paper saying when was the stuff shipped..... it was on the 1/17/06.......so i was wondering what to do next???? any one ever had any situation similar to this? thanks and sorry for the long post.....

Want advice? Use a more descriptive thread title. It's a rule in our Site Guidelines. -- TI Mod Crew

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
I had this same problem with a import shop here in PA. Alot of shops out here use a "Pyramid Trading" policy. A shop gets into debt and they place this policy into effect. They take a customers parts money to pay their debt, OK they have to wait for the next customer to pay for the original customers parts. Follow me here? You might be paying for someone elses parts, the guy behind you might be paying for your parts. It took me 3 weeks to recive a whole Hayame dress up kit. My friend ordered a VIS bumper for his teg, it took 2 months to get here....do you see the pattern.

To make a long story short, this policy never works and the shop usually goes out of business because they can never get out of the pyramid.

You on the other hand might just be plain out getting ripped off or this shop's warehouse uses a REALLY slow shipping company.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no wasnt major.... it was with a bank called gecaf any heard of it b4?? it was with their own credit...... like u know bext buy, and circuit city when they give u credit...

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
If you really want to go for it...try something with your bank.

Let them know EXACTLY whats going on and the HoNEST fact that you just don't want to deal with it.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend to. That's never easy. I hope things turn out alright.

However with the money issue, either wait it out...try to get DIRECT hold of the business owner...or just let your C.C. company know EXACTLY whats up and let them handle it.

Good luck and I'm sorry...

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
as stated above, i think if u let them know that it was fraudulent then they will refund your money and you're not liable.

ive done it once, they put the money back to my card right away and then they did a little investigation.

but they had nothing to conclude so i got the money back!

thats whats good about credit cards as stated above

·
Registered
678 Posts
I work at a bank. Saying it is fraudulent is not correct. The transaction was customer engaged, meaning the transaction was supposed to happen, but then it was cancelled.

There is a bank dispute for non-receipt of merchandise, or merchandise/service not as advertised. So, if they gave you a time-frame they're not sticking to you can dispute the charge under this category.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do as stated above with contacting the cc company and telling them your situation. I currently work for USBank and deal with credit cards all day. This type of stuff happens all the time and most of the time ends up in favor of the cardholder. The bank will also decline them from charging a restocking fee due to the fact that you have not received any product yet.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
k3nny on Feb/01/06 said:
I work at a bank. Saying it is fraudulent is not correct. The transaction was customer engaged, meaning the transaction was supposed to happen, but then it was cancelled.

There is a bank dispute for non-receipt of merchandise, or merchandise/service not as advertised. So, if they gave you a time-frame they're not sticking to you can dispute the charge under this category.
Don't do it as a fraudulent dispute...thats only if there are unauthorized charges on your account. This was with your permission, so you would have to dispute it for non-receipt, like he said. I also work at a bank

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.