Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled out my rear shock assembly to put on new coilovers, but due to some factors, I couldnt get it done and had to put the stock assembly back on. Now I have the top arm bolted in but the bottom is impossible to get lined up so I can put the bolt through again. Ive musculed the sh*t out of it pushing and pulling and it wont happen. Can I adjust somthing elsewhere?

·
Registered
690 Posts
i'm in the same boat as you, kinda. this is the second day for me of trying to get my H&R Racing coilovers installed. Going to try to finish up tomorrow afternoon. one question, could you describe how your brake line looks on your front shocks? on mine, after we put the shock back on, it makes an S around it, and we can't get the brake line to connect to the connecting piece. All i can really say is keep trying with what you've been doing. The back coilovers were MUCH easier to install than the fronts for me. I would start from the beginning, and just make a fresh start at it. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Use the stock jack and jack up the brake rotor to move the suspension. It is too hard to move it up yourself.

Then take a hammer or mallet and tap the bolt through the shock once you have it lined up.

My best advice is to keep playing with it and you'll learn more tricks on how to go about your suspension. Don't give up!!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yes, using a jack will help a lot. This is my first time working on my suspension, and i have found that it's not as hard as it is tedious. just keep at it.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
A jack is the way to get it done. If you are still stuck and this doesn't help your situation any, post some pics and we will try our best to help you out.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
yeah...the jack is the only way i've ever done it and i've never had any problems....and i've done it 3 times!....i know it can get frustrating sometimes,especially if it's your first time doing this...keep trying!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
silly question but do you have that bigg bolt that holds up the brake assembly and everything up??? well i took that out and had a friend stand on the brake rotor.. and i line it up by hand and slide the bolt in and tap it through with a hammer.. i just did my suspension about 4 weeks ago.. still remember everything so if u have any question jus PM me

·
Registered
611 Posts
there are various ways and places you can use the jack to lift things and maneuver parts to get them aligned just the way you want, you just have to play around with it a bit. Don't be afraid and use good judgement and common sense. It's do-able with only a jack.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fixed it yay. :). I took out the top 2 bolts holding the top control arm in place allowing it to go further down, and they were much easier to get back in. thanks for all the help :) That bottom bolt was

1 - 11 of 11 Posts