Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having to replace this bushing at the bottom of the rear shock because it was torn to pieces putting on my springs. It is a royal pain to get out completely though. There is a thin layer of metal that was part of the old bushing still in the hole. This must come out to put the new ones in. Does anybody have any experience with this? or have any info for me?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does anybody know anything about this? I need someway to get this 2mm layer of metal out to put the new bushings in

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Take it to a machine shop and have them press it out. If you have something, say a socket, that is has a slightly smaller diameter than the opening in the shock you could use it to try to knock or push the sleeve out. If you have a vise, try to make your vise a press using the socket to press out the sleeve.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I read somewhere, maybe here, that the easiest way to remove it is to use a hack saw. Remove the blade from the saw, slide it through the bushing, reinstall the blade onto the saw, saw thru the metal bushing being careful not to damage the control arm, now that you have a slot in the metal bushing the tension is relieved and it should be easy to remove from the control arm. I have never used this method myself but it is supposed to work. It sounds good to me.

Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
it just happend to me while dropin my ride....spray like mad wd-40 and it will come off..it works...let it sit for like 2 hours

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, thanks. I didn't get to read these responses before we got it out. We used penetrating oil all over it, and beat it with a chissel and used a hacksaw some. It was a slow process but it worked. thanks for the replies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts