Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone shipping exhaust piping before? the piping from the catback exhaust, but not including the muffler. i know about greyhound but has anyone ever done this using another major shipping source?

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Depends on the size of the box. If the b-pipe is 1 long piece like the hytech, it will be like $70 because the extreme length causes it to ship at a price for a higher weight. If you have a 2 piece b-pipe, it will definitely be significantly cheaper.

I've shipped mufflers anywhere from $11 to $30..

btw, I've noticed that fedex ground is the cheapest for shipping heavy items.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
mystikalstriker on Feb/05/06 said:
usually they can give you the option of just bubble wrapping the pipes and shipping it w/o boxes which could be cheaper. UPS said i coulda done that but i just ended up selling locally.Concerning fedex...imma not go there, but i just don't like how all my packages come home when shipped by them.
i second you on that.man they tossed my video car from the first floor to my second floor balcony.i was like wtf i'm callin missin for this.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GunNam on Feb/05/06 said:
Depends on the size of the box. If the b-pipe is 1 long piece like the hytech, it will be like $70 because the extreme length causes it to ship at a price for a higher weight. If you have a 2 piece b-pipe, it will definitely be significantly cheaper.

I've shipped mufflers anywhere from $11 to $30..

btw, I've noticed that fedex ground is the cheapest for shipping heavy items.
its the oem exhaust piping off an 01 GSR...any advice on how to ship it? i like the idea of bubble wrap...

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Just bubble wrap it and ship it. This is how I've sent/received exhausts before.

Have you considered Greyhound? They ship packages dirt cheap. only problem is that you have to take it to the depot and the receiver has to pick it up. I sent an entire dual catback exhaust (old car) for $40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.