Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well yeha im having a trouble with my car interior. I recently had two 10 inch Rockford subs in my car and whenever i blasted it, i can hear the interior of the car shifting and making a squeeking noise, i took the subs out and drove without the subs and seeing that my car has coil overs it a pretty bumpy ride cause its winter here, but then i hear shifting noise slike panels are loose or somthing anybody knwo where this is coming from???

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
need to be more specific. Where is it coming from, what type of noise (plastic sqeak, metal squeak) can't help with just that info.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I bought my '98 used with interior squeeks at no charge. *L*

In front, the glovebox squeeked and the light inside would turn on and off intermitently. At first, I stacked a few small square bits of electrical tape onto the glovebox lid, where the light's on / off pin contacts. This kept the light off, but the squeek intensified. I changed to squares of black masking tape, both problems solved.

In the back, the passenger side window 'triangle' squeeked. It wasn't fully snapped into place because the weather stripping hadn't been installed correctly. So, I took it all out, put it all back the right way, and no more squeek.

My hatch cover still makes a 'jiggly' sound now and then, and the trunk's plastic panels make noise too. (Keep the tray in - hear it jiggle, take the tray out - listen to the trunk panels. I hate 'irony!' *L*)

Hopefully this will at least give you ideas as to possible problems and solutions... Good luck!

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Do you happen to drive with the rear seats folded down, and the hatch cover off? If so the plastics will rub together when you go around turns, or bumps or whatever. If you really want to check it out, like SubtlTeg said, the panels are very easy to remove nad check to see if the clips on the backside of each one is still intact.
Removing them all just to check, will uncover naything else rattling around in there, such as loose wiring, random **** that fell into crevices (for example I found a screwdriver inside my quarter panel when I took the rear apart) that ended up being the problem. NEver would've known if I hadn't taken it all apart.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
dyingwish on Feb/06/06 said:
Do you happen to drive with the rear seats folded down, and the hatch cover off? If so the plastics will rub together when you go around turns, or bumps or whatever. If you really want to check it out, like SubtlTeg said, the panels are very easy to remove nad check to see if the clips on the backside of each one is still intact.
Removing them all just to check, will uncover naything else rattling around in there, such as loose wiring, random **** that fell into crevices (for example I found a screwdriver inside my quarter panel when I took the rear apart) that ended up being the problem. NEver would've known if I hadn't taken it all apart.
A free screwdriver?! Nuts, I'm jealous! *ROFL*

Very good things to look out for as well!

Watch for lost screws and connectors from your stereo install too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.