Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lately ive been noticing my car acting up a lil bit...the thing is it seems my acceleration has gone down some and every time i shift to third at a high rpm like 4(which isnt even high) it grinds...if i do it very slow im mean slow it wont but other wise it will grind. one of my budys thinks my clutch is goin on me. which could be possible because i believe it still has the original one that came with it back in 1995. if anyone knows or has an idea what could be wrong. ill go check my clutch fluid just in case tomorrow. but i doubt that is it. lets say it is my clutch. would a type r clutch and flywheel in my gsr sound like an alright solution..thanks for the help

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i think i figured it out...its the syncro. does anyone know how the "good will concideration" thing works from acura. i was told to check that out because my car isnt modified and i can fall under this.

·
Registered
472 Posts
same thing happens to me i just bought my car maybe a month ago. same exact problem it grinds when i put it in third but if i go slow it wont.

·
Registered
386 Posts
same thing here, it does it in second and third at high rpm fast shifting, people said it's clutch, got a new clutch, and it still did it. Syncros. sucky huh

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
How many miles does your car have on it? Good will consideration is just what it states. If your car hasn't exceeded the mileage or time limits of the warranty by much, you simply ask for good will consideration. This works better if there is a TSB for the problem. You are basically just asking them to please fix the car because you are such a good person, took good care of the vehicle, etc.... and the problem occured so close to the warranty expiration. You can ask for good will consideration under any circumstances, but the chances of you getting it are greater if the above conditions are met. Since your car is a '95, I wouldn't expect you to get it unless it has low mileage. It won't hurt to try.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my car has 111xxx now so i prob wont get it but i bought my car from this guy and he never went to a different acura dealer ever. so maybe i have a chance.
does anyone know what the cost to fix this is. if its really high i might as well just look for a different tranny

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a warranty still??are you kidding me. do any of you think the local honda place will fix it under that warranty deal or should i take it to the acura dealer. the reason i ask is takin it to honda will take 30 mins and to acura maybe an hour or more

·
Registered
640 Posts
I can almost guarentee it's your clutch and not the syncros . I was having the same problem so I yanked the tranny and sure enough the clutch is shot . My car has 103,000 miles . I'm just waiting on my clutch to come in to put the car back together . HTH .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts