Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys,

i've been driving a manual for about half a year now, i have all the fundamentals, basics, i can race my car from a stop no problem. my question is, to differentiate myself from a 40 year old house mom w/ a manual, how can i improve my shifting daily driving? ie) smoother,revmatch, w/ less strain, peak my gas mileage etc... a friend of mine can even shift w/o the clutch when he lines up the synchros right... what works for you guys, that make you different from the average manual driver? thanks

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
power shifting is bad news... just get the feel of your clutch and know when your hp peak is at. never shift below 5000rpm either

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
nospeedlimit143 on Aug/14/02power shifting is bad news... just get the feel of your clutch and know when your hp peak is at. never shift below 5000rpm either [IMG said:
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] ]
Man I hope he wasn't serious. You should not shift above 3 or 3.5k until the car is up to operating temperature...

And if you have VTEC and you want to get good gas mileage (better than normal, that is), keep it below 4400 RPM. Don't be afraid to crank it up sometimes though, it's made to do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts