Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ls integra with 136k miles. Its a manual transmission and everytime the car reaches operating temperature it becomes annoyingly hard to shift.

In the mornings when the car has sat all night it shifts like a dream. Gearbox feels tight and goes into gear with minimal effort. However, after 20 mins on the highway (or any normal driving) it becomes super stiff. Stiffness develops slowly as it heats up more and more.

Things I know:
1.) I have done multiple transmission fluid changes (always Honda MTF) and I always fill until it spills over (about 2.5 liters). Everytime I drain it still has 2.5liters (no fluid is leaking from the trans)

2.) The car is still a stiff shift even when the car is off (so no clutch issues). So after driving around and getting the car up to temperature I will park it and the car still shifts stiff.

3.) I replaced the clutch this May (2020) because my throwout bearing went bad and just did everything while the trans was off (New rear main seal, flywheel, pilot bearing, clutch, and throwout bearing). The problem was there before and after the clutch job.

4.) There is a forum in the link below where a type R with an LSD had the same exact issue, but, his resolution on how he fixed the issue does not make sense to me. Seems like something with the shift linkage? I don't think I understand enough about the linkage to understand how possibly spraying it might help. Where would I even spray, at interface of the transmission or shifter?

If anyone could shed any light on this subject it would help me out a lot. This problem has been around for while and I would like to finally squash this bug.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Interesting. I know the shifting linkage is close to the exhaust so maybe something is starting to go out with a bushing or something down there. I'd get under there and see what the linkage looks like. Maybe something is loose in it or something came off. Intermittent issues are always the most fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts