Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i searched and caught somethings about bending the shift arm but that doesn't sound too easy, but my shifter sits really far forward. ive driven my buddies gsr and his neutral is where my 4th gear is. any ideas on how i can bring it down.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can't say for sure, so check out the bend in the shifter in your car, if it is bending away from you, rather than towards you, then you might be able to solve the problem on your own time.

Did you get the car second hand?
If so, the old driver might have turned the shifter around.

If you spin the stock shifter around 180° you end up having to reach further for shifts. This works nicely for short people with short arms and personality disorders, who need to move the seat waaay forwards to drive.
For the rest of us I can see it being seriously annoying!

Check the articles section for "Installing a short shifter." That one describes how to remove the shifter from the car... once you get it loose, spin it around and put it back on.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
niceee, good concise shifts when competing =P

~P2P

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Ever notice that in most racing cars with stickshift or sequential manuals (with gear selectors, not paddles), a lot of rally cars, and some street cars like the CarreraGT, the shifter is really close to the steering wheel? By having the shifter closer to the steering wheel, you're reducing the amount of time you spend moving your arm/hand from the steering wheel to the shifter, and from the shifter back to the steering wheel. Extending the shifter like GunNam did is an excellent concept for racing use and is very useful, but looks a tad goofy to the untrained eye when seen in a street car.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Your shifter is turned around. The only way to tell is to get under the car. You can't look at it in the cabin and determine if it's in the correct position.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
JustinKlemgold on Feb/16/06 said:
Your shifter is turned around. The only way to tell is to get under the car. You can't look at it in the cabin and determine if it's in the correct position.
remove the center console and check

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.