Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Neuspeed Shortshifter. So what if it's not that huge of a perfomance mod but it does make shifting fun.

Anyway my shift boot sits very low now and I was wondering what you guys would think about me cutting the top off and stiching it back up in a way so there is no sag to the boot at all at all? It will look more like stock without the sag but still way shorter.

Another option, I was thinking of bagging the boot and finding a plastic tray that would that would fit in the boot's place. This tray will have a Dremel cutouts to enable the shifter to get into gear.

I'm sure I confused some of you but what do you think?

·
Registered
445 Posts
you can find some custom made ones on ebay that will work. Don't go oem, look for the ones that people have made. I bought one of the type r replica boots that someone made and there is no sag to it at all, it is also shorter and stiffer than the oem one.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
you can pull the boot up to where is was normally and just fold the top of the boot inside itself.that way its instant short. and not cut off. one of my friends did that when his shift boot was way higher then his shifter. he just sorta tucked it in. like a pant leg when the pants are too long. fold em in.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I stole this idea from LT6916...

Put a hose clamp under the boot and wrap it in electrical tape, it will hold up nicely, I did it to mine a year ago, still holding nicely.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
the shift gate would be very custom for a teg though and well i think the idea is kinda cool i like original stuff.

·
Registered
176 Posts
is there enough throw difference in our cars that a shift gate would work? I would love to see it done. The material would probably have to be pretty strong to keep from cracking on a fast shift. Anyone have plans to make one?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.