Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He everyone, i know this is going to sound really stupid but need to get your opion's. Ok im going with the JDM front end and want to go for that oem look too. I have a 99 GSR so i will be shaving the door molding to make it look like the JDM versions. But i was also thinking about the door handels as well. What do you think? i know that the oem ones don't have it but i think if im going for a show car it would be a nice touch. What do you all think? Other option is putting the rear door handels of a 4 dr.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I like the look of the shaved door handles. The only thing that worries me is the door opener - and what if it goes bad. I dont know too much about it, but I heard if you get the right ones, you wont have any problem with -- but...the last thing I must say - make sure you have the money to get the shaved part painted. I get that sick feeling in my stomach when I see a teg 5 different colors, where their body kit, spoiler, and shaved door handles all a different color.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey do the Shaved Door Handles. Shaving the door handles is no were near is hard as the side molding. As far as the popers going bad... only when the battery goes dead take care of the battery and figure out how to pop your hood without being inside the car cause someday you will have a dead battery and it will suck ass. So figure out how to pop the hood with out going in the car. Or i have seen people run wire leeds and hide them between the fender and inner fender ligning if your battery goes dead you pull them out and juice em up and WALLAH you got power.

Do it it looks awesome

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
two quick notes--
1) there are door kits that allow a button (non electrical) kind of like your trunk release or gas door release that mount under the car right by the door, IF your battery does go dead then you can just get on your knees and pull the release to pop it open.

2) i have seen something recently and (dont know if i can explain it) a friend of mine shave the molding to his door handle and it looks sweet, you can still use the handle but the area in which you used to be able to pull it out of is shaved-- like if you were going to change the handle because it broke or something the whole assembly could come out -- not any more its shaved--
let me know if you understand

·
Registered
648 Posts
When I saw this post topic ("Shaved Doors"), I thought he was talking about welding the doors shut so the whole side of the car would be seamless.

I wonder if anyone's tried that... it'd make for an interesting date.

·
Registered
183 Posts
do these fit on 2 doors? or do you have to do some modifications? i'm really interested in this if there isn't any mods...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the four door handles fit with no modifications. so i hear.. also i have a friend that is helping with the project and it wont cost any extra for the door handles to be shaved so don't worry the car is getting painted all the same color
... also i do understand what your where saying about the door handles beeing shaved, but i guess i get the ok to go ahead with it, but do you think it would ruin the JDM look im going for?

·
Registered
879 Posts
dwolsten on Sep/27/02 said:
When I saw this post topic ("Shaved Doors"), I thought he was talking about welding the doors shut so the whole side of the car would be seamless.

I wonder if anyone's tried that... it'd make for an interesting date.
of course then you would be obligated to paint the car bright orange with the number "01" on the side and call her General Lee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts