Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been thinkin on shaving my door handles on my sedan, two reasons 1. love the look 2. added security(sorta)
anyways has anybody on here done this, id love to see some pics. also how much am i lookin to spend on the kit, so i know what to save. i might be able to get hooked up on the actually shaving of the handles thru this guy at work or my uncle(huge hot rodder) so im not too worried on that part.
btw, i'd prolly jus pop the fronts and not the rears, i dont use them hardly at all as it is.
thanks ahead of time for any info/help

·
Registered
662 Posts
my friend has it done on his integra and within the first month the passenger side no longer pops and the drivers side is almost shot too. I dont know about you but I perfer being able to get in and out of my car without having to worry about the poppers going bad or if you leave something on all night there wont be enough juice to get them to pop either way youll be getting in via the trunk

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah prolly.... i was thinkin of going wit autoloc when i go to buy a kit, from their homepage it seems to be a good brand but i havent heard much else

·
Registered
834 Posts
**** man i didnt know that lol that really sux. but are u sure cuz i do have some friends who im like90% sure ran there car at a track b4 with them shaved. but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
927 Posts
teg2nr7 on Jan/31/06 said:
**** man i didnt know that lol that really sux. but are u sure cuz i do have some friends who im like90% sure ran there car at a track b4 with them shaved. but i could be wrong.
Well hes not suppose to i guess they didnt inspect his doors. If he gets into an accident, rescue workers have no way of opening the doors. Pretty dangerous

·
Registered
144 Posts
No he's right. They wont let you because if you wreck then there is no way for them to open your door to get you out and help.

At least here in kc they wont, most places are the same. Its one of those rules.

Kind of like they wont let you run without a battery tie down. If I wreck into the side wall or another car going 125mph the last thing I will care about is my battery.

We have all seen those wreck videos on the net. When they wreck more stuff flies off then a battery. How about a wheel, or the whole car flying into the stands.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but in my car the first time I hit the brakes after I start the car, my doors lock. If I'm in an accident, they're not going to be able to open the doors anyway because they'd be locked. Smash the glass and pull me out!

I have no plans to shave my door handles, but I really don't think it would make any difference as far as an accident goes. If you're coherant and able to unlock your doors so someone can open them, then chances are you can open the door yourself. If not, you're buying new windows anyway.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
or you can do what i did and put the rear door handles from a 4dr teg on the front doors :) looks a lot nicer without the door locks. its not quite shaving the door handle but its a little something different that most people might not have.

·
Registered
342 Posts
teg2nr7 on Jan/30/06 said:
yes go with autoloc they work great i have the kit from them and never had a problem. had it for just about a year now.

thats mine with shaved handles.
dammnnnn that ^^^ car is so pimp...i love the shaved door handels...but it does seem like just another thing to go bad...if u live somewhere whereits cold, id say dont do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.