Team Integra Forums banner

shaved door handles

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Waysian 
#1 ·
OKay I know this was somewhat covered before but I will ask again for my own indulgence, I want shaved door handles on my 91 gs what are the best steps into doing this? and can I do it easily my self...

#4 ·
well if u take the rear door handles off a four door then they have no key locks right..so there is a lot of work dun for ya!..then u just have to reposition everything and shave to your hearts content and re-install..

#13 ·
If your willing to spend the money Its very easy if you have some expiernce with fiberglass and bondle. Take out the door handles put like 5 layers of fiberglass sheet. 3 in the inside of the door and 2 in the outside of the door. Sand it down really good so the layer is smooth. Then bondle over save you alot of money. Just try to ad as much layer of fiberglass on it then bondle cause you dont want the bondle to crack if you slam the door too hard.

#14 ·
it cost $$ cuz the right way to do it is to have a shop weld a metal patch where the door handle was..and then use a thin layer of bondo to smooth is out and then repaint it. look sick..but is irreversalbe, and makes hard times passing saftey checks. Fiberglass may work..but I wouldn't trust it for such a large hole.

#15 ·
whoooo , wait before you go fiberglassing yourself out...
i have done my handles and that is not what you want, if you have to ask what to do i'll bet you've never touched a welder, and the rear door handles may be a good idea thats what i did for my first teg, but you really have to cut alot and weld very carefully to get a really clean look PM me and ill give the steps if you really want

#16 ·
If you need to repaint your car, that might be the best time to do it.

I wanted to do this and went to a body shop, who told me that they could do each door for $400 CDN a piece. or I could have the whole car repainted and the doors filled in for $1500 CDN ( I have quite a few dents).

The wiring does not take very long, my mechanic said he would do it in about an hour($60 CDN).

Also if you live in an area where it snows get the 50lbs solenoids from Autoloc, thats what they recommend to their customers in snowy climates.

Hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.