Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

thinking about shaving my emblems... i'd probably do it myself tho (anyone that did it.. have any tips?)

·
Registered
98 Posts
i shaved my emblems...i think it looks better w/o them..plus no one will jack them. And when someone jacks them u have holes in ur car. I shaved off my emblems because i was gunn paint my car and do body work. i juss took off the emblem fill it up with bondo let it dry and sand it down real nice. i took off the ACURA SIGN ACURA EMBLEM in front and back.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaha.. it's a wash place.. u know.. one of those cheap ones where u put quarters in....? i thought they were pretty common.......

·
Registered
874 Posts
they are pretty commmon...but theres a house in the back ground so its confusing.

something i learned from the T-I articles...those places are no good...cheap soaps and waxes are used and the car doesnt get as clean or shiny or treated as lovingly as it should be =)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^true..

i just go there for a quick wash (too lazy to grab the hose and get some soap ready).. i do my own drying and waxing afterwards tho!

·
Registered
98 Posts
i have one pic of my car in my profile...u really wanted to see it shaved IM me or something...and ill try to get u pics when i have time...but my car juss broke today :(...see forum "my car doesn't start *SIGH" yeah...so my cars at work..and im waiting to fix it when there is sun

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Shave!!!
check out mine or GSRstilez's integras if you want to see how it looks shaved.

Note - My car is a bit different now, link in my sig has updated pics.

·
Registered
74 Posts
shaved on the front, keep the emblem on the rear.
I like the milano reds kit, is that wings west?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Depends on if you have the money or not. If you don't then don't shave them b/c its not like its something that makes the teg look bad. I presonally like the shaved look and shaved all the stuff at once then got it painted. LOL... after you shave and mold your whole car it take about 10 minutes less to wash and dry.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the front emblem is one of those white ones u can buy.... it came with the bumper when i bought it when i did my 98+ front conversion....

and yes.. Alvin's kit looks like a wings west w type kit

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Note - I changed the pic to a better one.

Yeah it's Wings West W-Typ kit. I'd say you shave it JR. Its not like you can't jsut slap the emblem back on (I dont see why you would though
) If you dont do it now...the nest time you decide you wanna shave the emblem, you'll have to repaint it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^^
yeah.. i think i will shave them off.. like u said.. if anything i could just slap the emblems back on... i like the shaved look(looks clean).. but in my opinion only 98+ tegs...

maybe i'll do it tomorrow.. but once i do i'll make sure to post up some pix!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Cost me about 4 grand for a complete paint job, its expensive at the body shop I go to but well worth it. Just got it done about three weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts