Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I'll try this section since I havn't got a response yet in the electrical one...

Alright, well I read through all the shark antenna threads but I am still a be bit confuse on the installtion. I know that in order to get good reception I have to do something with the Yellow/green wire. So I have to strip the red wire from the shark atenna (shown in the picture) and connect it with the yellow/green wire?? Basically I'll just have to clip the yellow/green wire and leave the other two alone and just let it dangle there?? also where should I clip the wire at? thx

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
You need to supply the shark antenna with +12 for its built in amp to work.

I think that is the right wire, but I cant remember. Those 3 wires are: Ground, +12 (with key on), and +12 constant if I remember right. I dont know which one is which.

I used a multimeter to figure out which wire to use. I also cut the plug off the old antenna and used it. Make sure you electrical tape everything so you dont short something out.

did this help any?
I'm kind of rambling on and on today.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i cliped the yellow/green wire right at the edge then peeled back that protective tape covering and spliced that to the red power wire with a butt connector. just leave those other wires and the clip alone. i put some .electrical tape over them just so they dont get in the way. it doesnt really matter where u clip the wire at, as long as u have enough room to strip it.

fyi...make sure you put a bead of sealer down under the base of the antenna...mine leaked.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have the same antenna.All I did was just plugged in the black wire in the stock one.The red wire that comes with the Shark Antenna was just left alone.I get perfect FM reception but NO AM reception what soever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.