Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys what do u think of this setup,apex vafc tuned, with skunk 2 intake mani, skunk 2 stage 1 cams and cam gears, with chipped skunk 2 ecu, where do i get skunk p28 chipped ecu, what site,
skunk 2 cam gears, and valve retainer s and springs
do i need a new throttle body

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
on any other honda board, he would get advice telling him briefly to do this or get that without any explanation or understanding. he then takes their word for it.

these advice are incomplete. they will mislead. the person will make less hp or lose hp because they unbalanced the package rather than finding synergistic combinations and those that are compatible with their gearing.

we'd rather that you understand why you choose parts rather than placing your faith on partial info that's been presented briefly & incompletely, sometimes with a lot of slick advertising techniques that play on your emotions and desire to show off your bravado. better to understand why instead. then you are in control .

if you understand how the engine parts people think when they build a part for sale, then you know what they were trying to achieve with that part and how they got the impressive power gain which is then hyped. But they won't tell you everything...like what won't work with their part.

the answers he seeks are actually already here in detail and tells him why! he just hasn't tried to look for himself.

he wants a skunk2 ecu, then an obd1 p28, and then a vafc....

first he wants a 65mm tb, then he asks does he need a tb? but he knows for sure he wants a skunk2 IM...

first he wants your opinion on him getting skunk2 stage 2 cams then on his first post but now he's getting stage 1's.

he needs some advice on direction and how to choose. he needs advice on why you choose something. just telling him to get one thing or another quickly won't help him.

funny thing is we have a VAFC (piggyback) vs. standalone thread in the common topic and ecu basics article.

funny thing is we have several tb threads here that you can find out what is the best size and why you choose a certain size. we have several im threads including one with dimensions and an IM article that explains how an IM works and how it's specs affects the powerband and how these specs affect tb sizing.

all he needs to do is self-educate using the detailed info resources available. after all, the devil is in the details.

why not just answer his question to supposedly "help" him? so if he listens to you and he chooses another part based on someone else's advice that works against your advised part and he loses hp, who does he blame? you?

sorry we do give out good info for free but we can't read for you. it's like going to a restaurant and then asking the waiter to feed you. the menu is here. the food is cooked. you have to put it in your own mouth though.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
greengsr2k: if you get a skunk2 chip then you don't need a 1992-95 p28 (which IS an OBD1 ecu from a d16z civic sohc vtec with no knock sensor). the skunk2 chip is made to go in the OBD2 ecu that you have but will run way too rich . you'll figure that out soon enough on your own though (whether you choose to read the ecu basics article to know before you buy or not and find out after you buy).

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
i wouldnt chip the ecu and then get a piggy system such as the vafc. chipping the ecu replaces the use of a piggyback. if your planning on "upgrading" your ecu then you need to look into a better ecu upgrade than the skunk2 chip (and dont get the one on ebay.) i would seriously look into the hondata systems and just go with that. with the hondata system you will need to get the p28 ecu and harness. from what ive read and heard and seen the hondata chip is by far one of the very best things you can do for your ecu. a friend of mine had a vafc on his built gsr, once he changed to hondata he said the change from vafc to hondata tuned was like night and day.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
the problem is justYn, best guess, pre-programmed, mail- order chips invariably are programmed to be too rich. a person who buys this kind of chip then later has to lean them down with a piggyback, so the person gets hit twice in the cost. had a person just gotten their ecu programmed properly like what I had suggested & explained in the "ECU basics article", they wouldn't be caught with their pants down twice , like the other people who blindly get "chipped" (and usually too early).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts