Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just hooked up my greddy profec-b boost controller sunday and set the boost to 8 psi on a drag kit. now i have the balance set to the middle like the directions say, but is there any way i can adjust that so that the boost hits real hard real fast and seriously plants you in your seat? anyone have any experience with the profec-b?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
hard and fast boost? get a blower. won't happen with a turbo, no matter the fancy gadgets you have; welcome to turbo lag.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
most people associate the term blower with supercharger; and not one of the centrifugal persuasion.no need to get picky with terminology

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
I dunno I always thought the reason a turbo charged car plants you in the seat is because of the lag somewhat...

its like 1k nothing, 2k nothing, 3k -> BAM (planted in seat) and you're off.....

btw are u using the profec b spec II, if so what are your opinions?

I wanted to get one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine isnt the spec 2, its the older one. i know about the lag and all and i dont mind it, i was just wondering if the balancw knob could be adjusted so the wastegate dumps all 8psi at once as opposed to the way my buddies wrx builds boost and sneaks it up to his 14psi, its so subtle you can barely feel it hitting boost, its just like the next thing you know your going, then you look at his gauge and your at 14psi. id rather wait until like 3000, 3500rpms and have the wastegate pop and throw you back into your seat.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
one of the best quotes ever...don't remember where I found it

"Thank the lag for that traction, and the boost for the action!"

but like listed above if it's tuned right and the turbo is the right size this should be feasable...not sure about with that controller but I see no reason it shouldn't work and it shouldn't cause a lot of excess wear on the turbo but the shock would most likely do something to your internals especially if they are stock.

·
Registered
21 Posts
youre thinking about it backwards. the wasgate dosent stay closed preventing boost from going through the system untill youve reached the desired boost level and then pop open to let the boost through. it stays closed while the boost builds until you get to the desired boost level and then opens to keep it from boing beyond the desired boost level.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts