Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had this car for around 1 year and the issue has been getting progressively worse. when I am in 1st or reverse i understand there is'nt a very fluid motion but the jerking is felt through the shifter where it moves a good 3 inches when changing gears and I can hear the exhaust jerking forth and back, the act of engaging the clutch and disengaging enables the engine transmission and exhaust jerk violently and i need assistance as this issue will only get worse.

· Registered
118 Posts
One or more of your engine mounts is probably shot, and that is probably also tearing up the rear support bushing of the shifter and the shaft is rocked forcefully through it by the engine's rocking.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One or more of your engine mounts is probably shot, and that is probably also tearing up the rear support bushing of the shifter and the shaft is rocked forcefully through it by the engine's rocking.
do you think it would be a good idea to go around and replace all the mounts and that will take care of it?

· Registered
51 Posts
Also check your entire driveline in addition to engine mounts. I had a bad CV axle that was causing a lot of roughness in the drivetrain. However, I also replaced the leaking factory master cylinder and all of the engine mounts.

· Registered
124 Posts
When mine the rear one by firewall was going bad could tell the engine rocked more than it should just when flooring it.
You could have someone sit in the car with it in NEUTRAL and stand outside and watch while they rev the engine and how much it rocks.
The stock mounts should be like 60 durometer they are way to flexible even when new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts