Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my block was at the machine shop, for sleeving, and all that good stuff, when i finally decide to call him yesterday. He tells me that a bit broke, and cracked my cyl wall. But he told me he was looking for a new block now. A friend of mine who knows him well has a b18a block to sell, are there ANY difference in the b18 and b18b or should i just let him do it? I just dont wanna change anything over having a b18b block.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, supposedly this blocks got 57k miles on it, so im gonna use the crank, and block. Unfortunately its painted black so im hoping hes gonna leave it in the hot tank to get it ALL off. Im still worried about the whole situation but im looking forward to getting this all done.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
isn't the PCV system different on each block also ? (I guess that goes with the head as well) but the B18a has a little black canister on the back of the block for the PCV whereas the B18B it plugs directly into the valve cover ?

Also, if he just cracked a sleeve...why don't ya tell him to resleeve it ? Possiblly with some good iron ductile sleeves ?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
95SilverBullet on Feb/12/04 said:
Well, supposedly this blocks got 57k miles on it, so im gonna use the crank, and block. Unfortunately its painted black so im hoping hes gonna leave it in the hot tank to get it ALL off. Im still worried about the whole situation but im looking forward to getting this all done.
Tell him he busted it and that he needs to clean that block...sandblast/hot-tank something...he messed up so he needs to fix it.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont worry, hes not gonna screw me. b18b also has black canister on the back of the block, newer integras however i do not think have it. What happened was, he had bored the stock walls out enough where he could press in the new sleeves, but the sleeves i have with the flange up top, he was cutting the cyl wall to accomodate so it would all be flush, between cyl 4 and 3 where they are joined, the bit caught, and cracked the sleeve past where it was to be cut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts