Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys! just wanted to see what you thought about this shifter?! probably not the best thing for autox but for drag what's better than strait pulling back than back and forth shifting!!! hey MD i'd really be interested in your opinion and if you think this would be very reliable? i'm by no means justifying the cost!!

http://www.importfan.com/series.asp?SeriesID=717&2=1087

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
wow thanks..ive always wondered how much these would cost..ive heard of prices way more than that..nice post..i wouldnt get it unless i had an all out drag car like AEM has and what not.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i was wondering when somebody'd finally make one these for our cars.

you're still not getting the benefits of a sequential tranny. also have to see how fast it's trying to jam the linkage around, or you'll start eating up synchros.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
AcuraRider14 on Feb/19/04 said:
wow thanks..ive always wondered how much these would cost..ive heard of prices way more than that..nice post..i wouldnt get it unless i had an all out drag car like AEM has and what not.
It's not a sequential transmission like you're thinking, it's just a shifter. All it does is convert the movement of the stock shifter into a front and back motion, which is a nice thing to have in a track car.

But because you're still using the same transmission shifting wont be faster and you still need the clutch.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reason i didn't think it would be great for a track car is b/c it's just a shifter and it seemed to me that it might be hard to always not overrun the syncros. i overrun my synchros now i and i dont even have a short shifter but i would love to have this unit. these guys on this site have trufit widebody fenders for tegs too

·
Registered
887 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/19/04 said:
Dog gears would eliminate the need for a clutch. Unfortunately, no one makes a transmission like that for our cars.
actually they do make dog boxes for our cars, but they are extremely expensive, and extremely impractical for the street.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
ok i know it cant just be me because i test it in 3 differnet browsers but when i take that link and paste it into any browser it redirects me back to the home page of www.importfan.com

i even searched for sequential shifter and came up with nothing

can someone help me check this out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.