Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not so much an RSX post, but could it be considered G4 material?

The new Integra Special Edition, which can be found in Australia, the Automatic version, comes with Sequential Shift, same as the base model.

A few questions about the Shift mode...
How does the 'clutchless' manual work?
How does it feel compared to a real manual? - I'm sure you diehard drivers will say its no match, but how about those Auto drivers who want to appear more 'hardcore'?
Can you still get the same kick out of the clutchless auto, compared to the manual? - Do you get the same control?

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
354 Posts
your mixing something up here. Sequential IS NOT automatic in any way. Sequential is MANUAL oNLY not an auto tranny with a manual mode. Sequential is a race tranny works like a motor cycle you push up or pull back. i dont know anything about austrailian integras but right now only affordable car with sequential is 2003 Toyota MR-2. As far as control and kick sequential is the sh*t the king sh*t manual mode in auto trannys is automatic with the ability to upshift and downshift when you say and most cars will still shift automaticly in this mode if you exceed the maximum RPM

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... i'm just trying to figure myself out here...

Ok, the automatic version... is fully automatic..., yet is has, and i quote from the honda.com.au Integra website a 'x Sequential Shift transmission allows you to change through the gears with a flick of the wrist, without using a clutch. In fully automatic mode, it uses Grade Logic Control to provide a smooth transition between gears.'

So, maybe what your sequential is... is different to what the Australian website is quoting...

Does anyone have an Automatic RSX or Integra 2002 model out there?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yes I've driven the RSX with the sequential shifting. The gear pattern is like so.

P
R
N

+
M D
-D3

When you move the shifter over the to "M" area you can move it up and down. Up shifts up and down shifts down. It reminded me of those old arcade racing games with the stick shift that only goes up and down.

I thought it was pretty weak, considering after I would move the shifter up it would take a half second or more to actually shift. If I was flooring it I had to tell it to shift before 6500 or it would keep going to the revlimiter at 7000 because it takes so damn long to respond. Just seems like one of those things to make people who drive automatics feel better because they can shift, it's not all that great really. It doesn't change the fact that the tranny still has tall ass gear ratios throwing it out of the powerband with each shift. Just when the car got going I would shift and then it would just die.

·
Registered
480 Posts
all the more reason to learn how to use a clutch, also dont forget to bring your lunchbox to school... be sure your name is on it, it might get stolen...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha

manuals just suck on the drive to uni in the morning...
stop start, stop start, stop start

takes 45 mins to drive 10km

1 - 6 of 6 Posts