Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... I need to come up with an idea for a project for my Integra for my senior project. It can't be too expensive though. Im looking to spend maybe $800 at the most. If its something really good though then I may spend more.

Anyone got any ideas and how much will it cost?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
You might want to try the car-puter idea. That would be really good for a senior project. you should also see if the school district will help you pay for it.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
first are there any specifications that have to be met for it...is it a college project...if so is there anything that your professor or whoever is into (never hurts for it to be something they like
) Give us some more info (your major)...but ya if you have that $800 a carputer wouldn't be hard...mini-itx mobo...40gig (or bigger) on ebay you can get touchscreen monitors for roughly $300 shipped that would sit right in the middle console if you molded it in
... priced it out as I was going to do one but have to save up a couple grand for a florida trip :D....anyway I built a decent setup for $800 if you want the specs with links let me know and I'll throw it together for you!
Later,
Jared

cheezthis on Feb/12/04 said:
You're going to spend $800...on a senior project? That's a lot of cash for something like that.
He gets to spend it on his teg so no worries :D

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
What school are you in? Probably engineering? Electrical? Mechanical? Acoustical?

Give us more info so we can steer you into the right direction.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im 18 now... its for a highschool senior project. That car-puter idea sounds really good. Im gonna do some searching about it. If I could get it done for less that would be cool.

The only problem is that my car lacks security... I have a kill switch and thats it... if I had a monitor in my dash that might make my car stick out.

Im gonna keep that one in mind but does anyone have other suggestions as well?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Air Ride

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I priced it and the whole thing was $600 for a good one (and that's with perfectly legal software ofcourse
) So you have $600 for the computer and then another $200 for an alarm, but still...is there any requirements or do you just need to do something? and if you want I'll send you links and everything for putting it together for around $600
Later,
jared

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe my senior project could be installing an alarm...that would be ok because it would be something I have never done before...

Whats a good alarm that would cost me $300 or so?

·
Registered
38 Posts
for my senior project i created a custom subs enclosure that held the subs and amp, it had plexiglass with neons underneath,and my own custom logo that i had printed up..it was pretty cool

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Two words: NITROUS OXIDE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts